DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Public Enemy
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have yet to see one decent mustang in Corpus Christi/Padre. Only a whole shitload of Vette's on the island.

·
Very Interesting
9,853 Posts
I grew up down there, There's quite a few that run around, lots of imports now days.

If you know where Staples and Saratoga are, on Saturday nights, there's a few people who get out and about. It's been years since i've been down that way to hang out in the car scene.

·
Public Enemy
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Big Matt said:
I grew up down there, There's quite a few that run around, lots of imports now days.

If you know where Staples and Saratoga are, on Saturday nights, there's a few people who get out and about. It's been years since i've been down that way to hang out in the car scene.

Yea, unfortunately you're right. I took the TA out one Saturday night and saw nothing but rice there. I followed my two cop friends out there when they were off duty, heh.

·
Very Interesting
9,853 Posts
A buddy of mine, Mike has a black supra that runs around out there, he's had a 10 second grand national, a 10 second T/A, among quite a few other cars.

We used to hang out at the Albertson's parking lot across the street, the Albertson's off of staples and SPID, the Sonic out on Staples past Saratoga, etc...

But it's been forever. Good luck, there's a lot of trashy cars, and dumbasses running around down there.

·
Public Enemy
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Big Matt said:
A buddy of mine, Mike has a black supra that runs around out there, he's had a 10 second grand national, a 10 second T/A, among quite a few other cars.

We used to hang out at the Albertson's parking lot across the street, the Albertson's off of staples and SPID, the Sonic out on Staples past Saratoga, etc...

But it's been forever. Good luck, there's a lot of trashy cars, and dumbasses running around down there.

Hrmmm......I have seen a nice black supra in Port Aransas...

I'm not there for the "car scene" so to speak at all, heh. I was just curious. As soon as I get into and pass SA, there is nothing but shit, that I have seen. :)

·
Very Interesting
9,853 Posts
quickls1chick said:
Hrmmm......I have seen a nice black supra in Port Aransas...

I'm not there for the "car scene" so to speak at all, heh. I was just curious. As soon as I get into and pass SA, there is nothing but shit, that I have seen. :)
Probably Mike's car, his mom and family are out in Aransas Pass area

·
Public Enemy
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Big Matt said:
Probably Mike's car, his mom and family are out in Aransas Pass area

Yep! Did you ever attend the beltsander races down there? It's a fucking blast....if you're drunk. :p

·
Very Interesting
9,853 Posts
i've been to those, the rattlesnake races, etc...

If you like crawfish, i recommend you check out my favorite little hole in the wall - Crawdaddy's on Starr street in downtown corpus.

And for a good burger, and some live music, check out the Executive Surf Club on a friday or saturday night. I used to work there after highschool.

·
Public Enemy
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Big Matt said:
i've been to those, the rattlesnake races, etc...

If you like crawfish, i recommend you check out my favorite little hole in the wall - Crawdaddy's on Starr street in downtown corpus.

And for a good burger, and some live music, check out the Executive Surf Club on a friday or saturday night. I used to work there after highschool.

quickls1chick eats no crawfish! ha!

I'm in love with Doc's. I've actually been to the Surf Club...but I didn't eat anything. I'll make my girls take me there again possibly.

·
Very Interesting
9,853 Posts
quickls1chick said:
quickls1chick eats no crawfish! ha!

I'm in love with Doc's. I've actually been to the Surf Club...but I didn't eat anything. I'll make my girls take me there again possibly.
By Doc's I assume Dr. Rockets???

I love Mulligan's, favorite dive bar in downtown.

On the island, Farah's is great.

For good old, shoot the shit, hole in the wall, dive ass bar, try Bear's Den on Gollihar/Airline.

Havana is fun for a stuffy crowd, cigar bar type joint.

On the south side of town, there's Murdock's, owned by the same people who own Mulligan's. There's also Martini Bar, but the crowd there can be a bit wierd at times.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts