DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sports weenie @ full attn
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought out the scanner for the first time in a year, and it seems some of the frequencies have changed. Anyone have any updated police/fire frequencies? Mainly looking for mid-cities here.

·
Rolling with the homies
31,056 Posts
I haven't messed around with my scanner (it's a high end AOR scanner that has cellular unlocked :D ) in a while but back then many police departments were switching over to "trunked" systems that would not be able to monitored with a regular scanner. I've got some URL's at home that might be helpfull.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
ZYouL8R

You should check Radio Shack they sell up to date Scanner Frequencies books. I think the reason the Police changed to "Trunked" is because so the thieves will not be able to know if there are about to be busted ect...

·
Certified CRAZY!
4,006 Posts
Actually we are on a trunked system and you can still listen in on a scanner. It's just that you can only listen to one "channel" at a time

·
Sports weenie @ full attn
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine has trunk tracking capabilities. That's the only way I use it. But some of the cities have still changed their freq's. All of the freq. books are outdated and so are the websites. Just wondering if anyone had any updated numbers.

·
Rolling with the homies
31,056 Posts
racegirl said:
Actually we are on a trunked system and you can still listen in on a scanner. It's just that you can only listen to one "channel" at a time
Then you might have a "trunked" scanner. I'm pretty sure my older scanner (early 90's) won't listen in on trunked channels.

·
Rolling with the homies
31,056 Posts
ZYouL8R said:
Mine has trunk tracking capabilities. That's the only way I use it. But some of the cities have still changed their freq's. All of the freq. books are outdated and so are the websites. Just wondering if anyone had any updated numbers.
Just curious what scanner you are using. Make and model please.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.