DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car currently had a chip installed between the connector and EEC (the connector hooked to the chip and the chip hooked to the EEC). Does anyone know what kind of chip it is and where can I find more info about it. The label on the chip said: Ford Performance Module by ADS Super Chip.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I had one when my 302 block was stock. Once you do mods make sure you pull it off cause they could not get my car running right till they pulled the cpu and found it on there. i forgot to tell them about it :rolleyes: . As for info search on the web I did a while back and found some. It also came with a little plastic thing that you take your brass one out of your distributor and replace it with the plastic one that came with the chip. It is on front of the distrib and is black plastic. if you have a after market distrib then you wont have to worry.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The previous owner had it to control the 24# injectors but it not good. On the dyno it show rich at lower RPM and lean out up top. And my base fuel pressure is around 30psi. Can I just pull the chip without any changes to the EEC? I know that I need to swap back to 19# or get a new MAF that calibrated for 24#.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
If you are just wanting to know if you can pull it and plug the cpu straight up? Yes you can there is no pin difference or any thing like that. That chip is just a override bypass to change the air and fuel mix ratio.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, I just want to make sure that this ADS super chip did not permanently altered the stock EEC air fuel ratio or timing table. I will check my distributor for that black plastic thingie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts