DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone went to the Cycle World bike show at the Dallas Convention Center this weekend.

What'd I miss? :mad:

·
[x] original checkboxer
10,836 Posts
I missed it too. I caught up on sleep and some misc project I've been needing to take care of for awhile. After all that I didn't feel like driving out. parking, and walking for hours on end.

·
Premium Member
6,223 Posts
wanted to go... but no car... grrrrr. but a friend of mine went and he said it was good. had alot of shows going and movies you could watch.. he said he had a good time. and the weather was great for the ride to and from..

·
Registered
531 Posts
I went, it was awesome. There were so many bikes parked out front that we spent 30 minutes wandering around through them. The show itself was cool. They had all the bikes in pretty much every color available.

·
FORMER LS1 OWNER
1,358 Posts
I went on Saturday evening. All the major companies were there. It was a nice show.... :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
It was a good show from a product stand point. Had major companies there with more than enough bikes to try on for size.

From an exhibit stand point, that show SUCKED. Ducati had a POS exhibit (even though they just built a brand new one for the 2002-2003 show season), the R6 turntable was a crappy design, the Honda Rune platform lacked design altogether, and the Yamaha billboard idea was a pourly exicuted ripoff of the General Motors main kit from 3-4 years ago. Ok designer snob rant over now.

·
FORMER LS1 OWNER
1,358 Posts
lonSVO said:
the R6 turntable was a crappy design

I liked the R6 turntable.....on a side note, did anyone get pics of that Yamaha bike that was in the corner facing the Honda booth. The bike was sweet....had purple flame job on gas tank. I forgot what the name of the bike was.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Y2K_WS6_T/A said:
I liked the R6 turntable.....
How? The design was a BAD rip off of the VW Turbonium idea, the craftsmanship on that thing was atrocious and the base showed no imagination/design what so ever.

·
FORMER LS1 OWNER
1,358 Posts
lonSVO said:
How? The design was a BAD rip off of the VW Turbonium idea, the craftsmanship on that thing was atrocious and the base showed no imagination/design what so ever.

Don't get me wrong...I am no tradeshow/marketing person...I just liked the two opposing intertwined circles around the bike.

·
oh really?
1,484 Posts
there was a bike show at my house on saturday. my neighbor was doing wheelies in front of my house and crashed when his sandal slipped off the peg. he's all gimped up now.

·
Tha Closer
1,494 Posts
mind said:
there was a bike show at my house on saturday. my neighbor was doing wheelies in front of my house and crashed when his sandal slipped off the peg. he's all gimped up now.
Dayum !!! Thats gotta suck. Riding in sandals though ?? Wow !!

·
oh really?
1,484 Posts
shorts, tshirt, no helment, and sandals. he had his beer too but he dropped that after the first wheelie.

·
Punk Ass Bitch
11,088 Posts
lonSVO said:
It was a good show from a product stand point. Had major companies there with more than enough bikes to try on for size.

From an exhibit stand point, that show SUCKED. Ducati had a POS exhibit (even though they just built a brand new one for the 2002-2003 show season), the R6 turntable was a crappy design, the Honda Rune platform lacked design altogether, and the Yamaha billboard idea was a pourly exicuted ripoff of the General Motors main kit from 3-4 years ago. Ok designer snob rant over now.
I think someone is bitter. :eek:

·
Registered
276 Posts
yup

scott and I rode is bike out Friday. It wasn't much fun for me, but I know he enjoyed it. He got some pictures that he may eventually post up when he's not so busy.

·
Registered
413 Posts
i went with michael and he put all the pics on his site......ill try to get the link up pretty soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts