DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The first, the original
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working from home but there is not much to do so I've been experimenting in the kitchen.

I took some eggplants, roasted them and gutted the pulp out. I mix the pulp with ground beef, basil, lots of fresh grated garlic, diced bell peppers, oregano, and other seasoning. I spoon this into the shells and cover with tomato slices and grated cheese and I'm going to bake it. I'm making this up as I go along so I have no idea how it will turn out.

·
None
10,576 Posts
I've been playing around with sauces for the last few days. I saw a Food 911 show about the different ways to make them, so i've been experimenting with different ways to work them into some dishes. I've got a meatloaf cooking right now that should be the motherfucking bomb when it comes out :D

·
I am a Motherfucker
4,755 Posts
I got some JACK DANIALS bbq sause from santa. Its probabally pretty bomb.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Yes, I like to cook up stuff all the time, anything on the grill, pork chops(the best), burgers, steaks, fajitas, ribs

I am on an italian kick right now, I am making some manicotti tonight, wanting to try some ravioli next and make my own pizzas down to making the dough from scratch and all that

I always thought it was pretty pimp to bust out with some badass homemade shit

That sounds like a wild creation you got cookin

·
Punk Ass Bitch
11,008 Posts
I love to cook. I make all kinds of shit like all kinds of Italian food, a couple different mexican caseroles, and anything on the grill.:) I have some shark meat my parents gave me from their last fishing trip they went on that I will be grilling up one night this week. That shit is on like a MF'er!:D

·
Punk Ass Bitch
11,008 Posts
nitrofish said:
prolly a stupid question, but can you get it anywhere (that sells seafood)? Is it a seasonal thing? I'd really like to try some.
To be honest I really don't know if you can get it anywhere. Like Chris said, it is probably going to be pretty expensive if you can find it somewhere and then you will chance it being any good. When my parents come back from a fishing trip we basically "hoist" the sharks out of the massive cooler they keep in the boat and then lay them out on a picnic table in the yard for cleaning. I don't think they ever keep up with how many pounds of meat they have or anything but the sharks are usually anywhere from 75lbs up to 200lbs or so before they are cleaned and damn near all of the shark is good for eating minus the internals and the head. ;) It is really easy to filet and eat because there aren't any ribs in it like regular fish but only one bone in the middle of the steaks. :)

·
None
10,576 Posts
Most high-end fish markets will have a special order option for it, but you gotta be careful with freshness. My favorite seafood "butcher" is TJ's seafood market off of Forest and Preston. Awesome quality

·
Registered
660 Posts
Chris98GT said:
Most high-end fish markets will have a special order option for it, but you gotta be careful with freshness. My favorite seafood "butcher" is TJ's seafood market off of Forest and Preston. Awesome quality
Never been to TJ's but I've seen it. I'll have to stop by there and check it out.

·
Punk Ass Bitch
11,008 Posts
Chris98GT said:
Yeah, I would definitely hate to get ahold of some that isn't fresh and has been sitting around for a while.:( The stuff mother gives me is kept in a cooler for no more than 36 hours on ice after being caught, then it is immediately cleaned and frozen in air tight packages with some mild salt water. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.