DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Hey, we got a can of cookies last year. And a hat (ball cap with company name on it) the year before. So far this year, nothing!! I love my job!!!:mad: lol

· No Cerveza... No Trabajo
21,855 Posts
I think I'll get my std. 4 figures this year. But my conversation with the partners on Wed was "We've been extremely happy with your performance this year, thanks." So, we'll see!

This year's bonus isn't as important as earlier years, because I'm up for partnership review in March. That is where all my energies have been focused. Doing longer term things to make that review go well, instead of short term things to get the end of year bonus.

When I was in my 20s, I got my choice of Christmas bonuses. A Honey-Baked Ham or a fried Turkey.

· Scared s**tless
13,733 Posts
yea, we got our bonus. our owner just bought a $80,000, 3-car trailer for his race car. we aint got shit yet. :(

· Other half of bitter
7,023 Posts
same here, just happy to have a job......i have never gotten a bonus, just doesn't work that way in my industry and my field. Might get a performance bonus in January if the sales guys can hit their numbers.

I used to get a honeybaked ham at my old job....gee thanks. But really, those that get bonuses, be thankful, many of us don't. Unless it is negotiated as part of your contract or salary, don't expect it and be grateful when you get one.....cuz there are tons of us that would be thrilled to get even $100, since we get nothing for our hard work.

· Scared s**tless
13,733 Posts
michelle95gt said:
same here, just happy to have a job......i have never gotten a bonus, just doesn't work that way in my industry and my field. Might get a performance bonus in January if the sales guys can hit their numbers.

I used to get a honeybaked ham at my old job....gee thanks. But really, those that get bonuses, be thankful, many of us don't. Unless it is negotiated as part of your contract or salary, don't expect it and be grateful when you get one.....cuz there are tons of us that would be thrilled to get even $100, since we get nothing for our hard work.
damn right!!!

· Punk Ass Bitch
11,008 Posts
The last company I worked for gave everyone a $50 bonus which wasn't shit and we all bitched about it because of how big the company is and how much money it makes. The next year when Christmas rolled around we didn't get shit so we started bitching even more than the year before.:mad: Came to find out that the $50 bonus we got the year before came out of the division managers pocket more or less and the reason we weren't getting anything this year was because the new division manager wouldn't give up his HUGE year end bonus for his employees. When we found that out most of us felt like jackasses for bitching so much the year before because of how generous our other manager actually was underneath the " dickhead " mask he wore all the time.:eek:

As for the company I work for now, I still don't know if we are getting anything as a year end/Christmas bonus. I have a feeling we are getting something but don't have the slightest idea what it will be.:)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.