DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some guy hit me today ruining my front bumper/foglights for sure (fist sized hole in it), maybe my headlights (starting to fog already) and maybe the hood latch (doesnt shut as easy now). it was 100% his fault so i'm imagining the insurance won't be a hassle. was wondering if anyone has a shop that deals with insurance claims as i don't want to go to a ins. company body shop and get ripped off.

would it be possible to replace my 99 gt bumper (black) with one of the new cobra bumpers since i have to get a new one anyway? also would i be able to get the smoked headlights seeing as how now my lights are fogging up and they too will prolly need to be replaced? i've heard the insurance will let you put whatever money would normally go towards a factory bumper towards a different style as long as the quality and the difference of price was taken care of by the consumer?

any insight or recommendations of a really good body shop would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
716 Posts
11B2V_Mike said:
any insight or recommendations of a really good body shop would be appreciated.
Details Limited in Addison. They're the body shop the Porsche and Volvo dealerships use. They've done work for me on two occasions and did excellent work.

-- Robert

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you think they'd be cool with me wanting to get a cobra bumper and smoked headlights in lieu of the stock gt and clear headlights?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Doug Nemeth at Hance Paint and Body is a friend of mine who worked out a good deal with our insurance company when someone did a hit-and-run. He just happens to have a mustang with custom body work, so he's at least worth talking to.

·
Registered
716 Posts
11B2V_Mike said:
do you think they'd be cool with me wanting to get a cobra bumper and smoked headlights in lieu of the stock gt and clear headlights?
Yes, I think so, as long as the numbers work out. They're pretty flexible.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks alot for all the replies, as soon as i get the go ahead from the ins. company i'll swing by some of these shops

1 - 9 of 9 Posts