Banned
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are a few of my cars.

·
Banned
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Most are 1/24 or 1/25. The T-bird runs a 9.6 but I'm still working out the bugs its new.
Te old doge runs 7.2 or so. Some ta dragsters are in the 4.6 area. You ever want to watch the race on Fri nite and sun . Mess around on Sat niter with some grudge racing. its at action raceway on Camp Bowie.
Any one interested PM me and we can meet there and yet ya try em out. Not a overly expensive sport. DAVID

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Lone Star Slot Car

·
Banned
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Theres also a new track in Ft Worth, on camp bowie action raceway. A lot of fun and a little cheaper that full sized cars.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
We race at River Oaks and in Plano at Lone Star Slot Car. Mine runs 106 MPH. What are your best times?

·
Banned
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just getting started. Have one running close to 70mph. This shit is addicting. And a blast, Just like big cars have to lay down some glue and hope you don't spin and cut a good light. We might have to get together some time, I have about a million questions. Maybe we could do a lunch my treat some time and then hit a track?

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
I will be going out to Plano Lonestar Slot Car this Friday

·
Premium Member
33,187 Posts
LOL @ that '64 Dodge.

I recently started messing with a little radio controlled car I got at Radio Shack, called an XMOD (www.xmodsrc.com). I got bored with the Supra body on it, and decided to throw something more my style on it. Unfortunately, it's a 1/28 scale car, and the wheelbase is too short for all the 1/25 scale bodies I had. But I did find a JoHan '64 Polara 2dr HT and got to thinking.. and cutting out 18 scale inches of wheelbase :D .. and now it's an A/FX altered wheelbase R/C car. :) I'll take some pictures and post em up tomorrow.

The slot cars are cool as hell too.

·
El Camino
3,432 Posts
more info

Any one have more info on the car specs, where to get em, rules and regs, etc?

Thanks.

Looks like a lot of fun. Brings back memories of drag racing my old Tyco slot cars as a kid.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
you're just jelous because you don't have one. I'll let you borrow one if you'ed like!:D

·
DFWMUSTANGS.NET
7,886 Posts
46Tbird said:
LOL @ that '64 Dodge.

I recently started messing with a little radio controlled car I got at Radio Shack, called an XMOD (www.xmodsrc.com). I got bored with the Supra body on it, and decided to throw something more my style on it. Unfortunately, it's a 1/28 scale car, and the wheelbase is too short for all the 1/25 scale bodies I had. But I did find a JoHan '64 Polara 2dr HT and got to thinking.. and cutting out 18 scale inches of wheelbase :D .. and now it's an A/FX altered wheelbase R/C car. :) I'll take some pictures and post em up tomorrow.

The slot cars are cool as hell too.
xmods are a blast. I've got a skyline.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
Every Friday night, a bunch of us get together with the fast cars (AA/FC) and race for money at lonestar in Plano. Figure, 20 cars at $5.00 a car makes for a $100.00 winner take all.(Not counting side bets). We will normally race 3 or 4 rounds. I came home with over $360 two weeks ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts