DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every the door opens , leaves blow in my garage. Do they make a net or something that can be hammered down in the expansion joint to help catch the leaves before they get in? (I know, I am reaching here)

·
Custom Title
16,520 Posts
get one of those big fans like to dry carpets or whatnot, point it towards the garage door and leave it on high. Maybe that will blow them back out when the door opens.

·
Punk Ass Kid
3,772 Posts
Rake your leaves.

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
get one of those big fans like to dry carpets or whatnot, point it towards the garage door and leave it on high. Maybe that will blow them back out when the door opens.
I have tried that .......some what. I have a Lasko 30" industrial fan. They still find their way in. Plus I don't leave it on the whole time when it is cold.

Seems like I could take a ping pong net (extra long) and span it across the floor to catch the leaves. You could run over it and it would lay down and pop back up. Down fall would be, is me tripping over it and busting my ass.

But that falls into the category of leaving the receiver hitch in the back of the truck. It only takes a few times of slamming into it before you catch on to watch for the damn thing.:happysad:

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the same exact problem. I think there is a magical vortex that swirls in back of my garage pulling every single one of the neighbor's tree leaves into my garage. :angryfire:

Same here. I may look into the net thing and see what I can come up with . It would only have to be a couple of inches tall.

·
DERP DERP DERP
36,645 Posts
Don't open the garage. Problem solved.

·
Old Timer
4,027 Posts
Every the door opens , leaves blow in my garage. Do they make a net or something that can be hammered down in the expansion joint to help catch the leaves before they get in? (I know, I am reaching here)
THERE IS a company that makes a pull down screen that goes on the outside of your garage door. This will allow you to open your door, pull down the screen and have the garage air out on a spring day/summer day, and not allow bugs and crap to come into your garage.

I don't remember the name of the company that has these, its been a while since I've dealt with them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife bought me a garage screen on line for my birtday it keeps the leaves out and the bugs and mosquitoes she said she ordered it from www.garagedoorscreens.com. I love it

·
Registered
1 Posts
The best way to remove the leaves is not to let them fly in. The main issue for me was the neighbor’s lawnmower. Every time he cut his lawn, all of these grass pieces flew towards my house. My car turned from white to green or brown color every day. I wasn’t able to come to an amicable agreement with him cause he was not particularly friendly. That's why we often fought Then I contacted carport sydney. They made me a high brick carport. In your case, something like flooring or high fences may help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts