DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
T-MINUS
28,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I start lifting again just recently and am also playing softball. As I've been throwing more my right arm has been in severe pain - right at the base of the bicep into my forearm and a bit in the elbow. If I do nothing with it after lifting/throwing it starts to ease up a bit, but is still sore.

I'm eating ibprofen like it's candy right now.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Get it looked at by a professional. A proper diagnosis is critical and it won't happen on the internet.

If it's muscular I'd suggest getting this book. I cannot speak too highly about it. In any case proper warming up before and stretching afterward should help.

·
Do Work Son!!!!!
1,167 Posts
i play college baseball and you need to ice for no longer than 15 to 20 min after throwing, and lighten up on the curls. Curls is what is cuasing the pain i am 100% positive. You can get some stem (electro therapy) at a chiropractor or you can get a small unit for like 90 or 100$.

·
T-MINUS
28,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm fairly sure the weight has something to do with it. Looks like roids are the answer afterall!:D

·
I love Meat.
11,008 Posts
My dad got tendonitus and had to close his shop down for 2-3 years before it got better for him to work again. I would get it looked at.

·
Worship me
34,345 Posts
Ice and take it easy on it.

BTW, it IS the lifting!!! LOL.....Very common for those two areas to hurt if you haven't lifted in a while. The baseball probably isn't helping it.

·
T-MINUS
28,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AL P said:
Ice and take it easy on it.

BTW, it IS the lifting!!! LOL.....Very common for those two areas to hurt if you haven't lifted in a while. The baseball probably isn't helping it.
Gotta keep the glory alive:D
I'll lift slow and lite for awhile.

·
Do Work Son!!!!!
1,167 Posts
you say your on steroids than that is for sure the problem, its just from the tightness in the muscle i have used seroids before and i had the same pain, you will just have to play through the pain and stretch alot.

·
T-MINUS
28,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ls1eater said:
you say your on steroids than that is for sure the problem, its just from the tightness in the muscle i have used seroids before and i had the same pain, you will just have to play through the pain and stretch alot.

Sarcasm man, sarcasm. I'm not on roids, just trying to do to much after a long period of not.

This bastard is raging right now:( Apparently coming home from centerfield wall was a bad call..

·
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE
4,427 Posts
if it's tendonitus (SP)

the only thing that will help it is pressure, it's a tear in the lining around the tendon, when you wrap it with a ace or elbow wrap, it helps hold the torn place together. I went to a doctor for 6 months, he told me to wrap it in the day and never mentioned the night. It never got any better but while it was wrapped it felt twice as good. after 6 months I decided to wear the wrap at night too, in 6 weeks it was healed.

·
drowning in a day dream
7,025 Posts
I have tendenitis from playing basketball in hs

It's never going away, I havent played for like 5 yrs

It gets to where i cant even walk right before the cold or rain

·
Baller
4,003 Posts
I thought steroids were suppossed to help with tendonitius....Now not if you go too heavy too quick, but if you use it just for recovery, its highly effective correct?

·
Do Work Son!!!!!
1,167 Posts
steroids are used for recovery but there are alot of different types of steroids and they all do differnt things to the body.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts