DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine had one put on his car and lets just say it went boom bitch in about 2 weeks cracked 3 pistons..:eek: The day it got out of the shop it shredded the belt 3 times also. Im trying to figure out what caused it. I think it has something to do with the kind of MAF he was using. I think the shop that did it installed a Lightning MAF with his combo. Could that have caused the Boom Bitch?? My bro in laws car has a aftercooled vortech and a Lightning MAF and hasnt had a single problem but Im wondering if a different MAF should have been used with the ATI combo...:confused: Either way his 10,000 mile engine is now a paper weight...:(

·
Got Lateral G's??
9,573 Posts
Well, the ATI kits do not come with injectors, did they put in 42 pound injectors to match the calibration on the lightning MAF.

From what I have read and I plan to do if I go s/c is the ATI kit, lightning MAF, 42lb injectors, 03 cobra fuel pump or steeda duel, and a tune.

My guess would be that the fuel system was not upgraded and well.........Boom Bitch!!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ said:
A friend of mine had one put on his car and lets just say it went boom bitch in about 2 weeks cracked 3 pistons..:eek: The day it got out of the shop it shredded the belt 3 times also. Im trying to figure out what caused it. I think it has something to do with the kind of MAF he was using. I think the shop that did it installed a Lightning MAF with his combo. Could that have caused the Boom Bitch?? My bro in laws car has a aftercooled vortech and a Lightning MAF and hasnt had a single problem but Im wondering if a different MAF should have been used with the ATI combo...:confused: Either way his 10,000 mile engine is now a paper weight...:(
i have seen 3 lt1 cars and 1 99gt do this same thing with in one month of install. and all of them had the p1sc.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 99 GT with ATI procharger my first engine lasted 800 miles do to a bad tune. F/U air / fuel ratio and wrong mass air. I now have shm short block safe tune and drive the car 100 miles a day with out any problems . I have put about 6000 hard miles on the car.

·
Premium Member
12,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stangboyTG said:
I have a 99 GT with ATI procharger my first engine lasted 800 miles do to a bad tune. F/U air / fuel ratio and wrong mass air. I now have shm short block safe tune and drive the car 100 miles a day with out any problems . I have put about 6000 hard miles on the car.
What MAF did you use the first time???

·
Registered
757 Posts
it is very important to use the univer meter from pro-m. talk to jimmy larocca, he will tell you the same thing. did you use the chip that came with the kit? if so, might seriously look at having a custom chip burned. ive installed a couple of those kits, and always used a custom chip and a univer meter. cars have always done fine with that set up. and yes, you must have 42# injectors.
ive got a piston from a guys car that ran 10# p1sc, 42# injectors, and no chip. this hyperutectic piston is melted donw one side,lol. the detonation was unbelivable. he was a really nice fellow, and i tried to get ford to warranty it,(i was a service advisor at the time), but to no availe. ford actually went onto sites like this one and others similar. the cars owner had posted pics of the car with the blower on it, and had also included the licence plate in those pics. ford motor co does look at that stuff, and thats why they, not the dealer, wouldnt warranty the repair. so a word to the wise, watch what you post. it does get seen.

stroker95(david)

G

·
My stock motor lasted until about a month ago. I am running a pro-m with an optimzer and the procharger chip. My air/fuel was good I just woung it out a little to much in third at the track and chipped a piston, but I had the procharger on the stock motor for about 8-9,000 miles before I blew it at the track. I just put my new motor from houston performance w/ their ported heads and blower cams and everything seems fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.