DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Full tilt boogie !!
10,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have norton anti-virus software and I am getting a reminder that my live update subscription is about to run out. My question is: should I just renew my script. w/ Norton or is there other anti-virus software out there that I should go with? I'm not up on all the lastest and greatest.

I havent had any trouble with viruses that I know of w/ norton.

BTW, I'm running XP home edition .

TIA

·
Registered
571 Posts
ive used AVG for at least a year and a half and it has kept my computer virus free. I also use Adaware to get and keep spyware off my computer. They work great for me. I dont like norton cause it seems to restrict and slow down every computer its on. Other than that it is a pretty good antivirus too.

·
Full tilt boogie !!
10,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok....thanks for the inputs guys, I just didnt want to spend money in the wrong. I will check out AVG. I also use adaware and spyware blaster, seems to work pretty well on the spyware.

again....thanks

·
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
8,316 Posts
Only took 'em 4 years to figure out their customers hate spyware

·
Full tilt boogie !!
10,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the input......appreciate it.

·
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!
14,997 Posts
I just installed avast. After using Norton on my computer since Day One, avast found 3 Virus'. :mad: So Avast has my support.

·
Full tilt boogie !!
10,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just installed avast also and it found alot of viruses, I have norton 03 on my machine and I tried to un-instell norton and it gives me some message saying tha it cant be un-installed because of one of nortons programs, so I have to figure that out and I should be go to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts