DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My torque boxes were all fubar'd and I got them "fixed" at an unnamed local shop a few years ago. I think they did a shitty job(left a large crack in the drivers side, brake hose rubbing the tire, looks crappy, pretty sure the rear end isn't square under the car) and would like to get them properly fixed...

Anyone had problems this bad? Where did you get it fixed? How was the quality of the fix? What was the price?

·
Ide fuck her in the ass..
42,923 Posts
my cars were horrible on my old 93 blk coupe, took it to this place called walker brothers racing in irving, they charged me like $600..:eek: but if i would have know the ppl i would have known now i would have taken it to michael kilgore and shop...they did mine and did an awesome good and was very cheap, cant really say how cheap cause it was a total package deal on my car...but send him a pm and he can let you know more details...

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
We used the wild rides battle boxes about 3 yrs ago. I don't know how much they are or if they are still in production...Hopefully they are pretty good....If they do make them or you get some I can do them for cheaper then what others would charge and also weld the boxes up. PM me if interested.

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Sorry, I should have read your post more clearly but If they are real bad then you need to get someone who has repaired real bad ones before. I could prob. do it if the rear end dosen't line up and s*** I'd hate to get into something over my head. You need to get them pretty perfect. On your car the torque boxes are real important. I'd like to help you out though if I was for sure I could do a good job.

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
93coupett said:
Sorry, I should have read your post more clearly but If they are real bad then you need to get someone who has repaired real bad ones before. I could prob. do it if the rear end dosen't line up and s*** I'd hate to get into something over my head. You need to get them pretty perfect. On your car the torque boxes are real important. I'd like to help you out though if I was for sure I could do a good job.
Don't sweat it...I like doing things myself, but I know this is beyond me at the moment. How square the car was before I took it in for torque box repair is unclear, but I am nearly positive that it was worse after getting it back. Nothing personal, but this would be something I would want done by someone who is experienced. I am not saying you would fuck it up, but I have done it wrong once, I sure don't want to do it wrong again...

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TTT for weekday reccomendations...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts