DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I cant figure this out. The MILS are supposed to be shut off via the DMann tuned diablo chip. I have cleared it twice and nothing has been added or taken away from the car.
I have not pulled the codes yet....any guesses as to whats going on? I haven't had a light in about a year and now 2 within a week.
The car seems to run just fine.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As some of you on IRC already know my car was throwing a code and running rich and had a bad idle.
A vaccum leak on the intake:mad: I have to pull the whole dang supercharger off. Its bad enough to throw a check engine light and have the car running pig rich but you cant hear it. We sprayed some 40 around the front of the intake and BLAM the engine stumbled!
This is gonna suck but at least the internals aint broke.

·
Registered
655 Posts
post some pics o fthe engine bay!!! i wanna see the k.b.!

·
Registered
757 Posts
ive put one of those on before, not hard at all to r&r that blower. should be able to do it in about 2 hours at the most. use ford intake gaskets too, they are a lot better than anything the aftermarket has that ive worked with. any questions, feel free to ask.

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
I had the same problem when I installed the KB the first time, vacuum leaks all over the place.

Use two full tubes of the anaerobic sealer, one will not do. Put a ton of that stuff on and you will be good.

-Chris

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris,
Mine let go right where I used that red crap from kenne bell. I used blue gasket on the other side and back and it held fine....go figure.

Anyone wanna gimme a hand with this feel free to PM me $50.00?
But I do need it done ASAP...by Friday:(

G

·
I spoke to Ron Short regarding these MIL Elims one time. Which ones do you have? The old DMP ones, or the NEW DMP ones? The new ones will die. The older ones will last longer.

·
Registered
655 Posts
pics of the kb please.

·
Premium Member
31,877 Posts
KJ94GT said:
I spoke to Ron Short regarding these MIL Elims one time. Which ones do you have? The old DMP ones, or the NEW DMP ones? The new ones will die. The older ones will last longer.
He's got a custom chip so MILs are not necessary.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had some DMP's but they never did work correctly for me, hehe infact they are still on there cause I was to lazy to remove them.
GOTBOOST is correct- custom chip = no need for them.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Job done in 1hr and 27min with the help of my 11 year old son!
Man the gasket mix sent by kenne bell was glazed and baked off on 80% of the intake.
The only part sealed was where I used the all purpose blue lol!
We did drop 1 bolt to the throttle cable bracket- cant find it anywhere but we dropped it AFTER the s/c was installed thank gawd;) I will try to find it later.
Maybe for X-Mas my car will run!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.