DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
World Record Holder!
11,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember the 5th order fit equation you gave me to create the lookup tables for our WB display?

v=-1.1027*x**5+15.8902*x**4-80.1072*x**3+187.9840*x**2-207.0476*x+96.244

Well, Microchip just shipped me three samples of their new PIC16F818 microcontroller with the 10 bit ADC. I'm going to convert the code that I used in your display to use the 10 bit ADC and also provide a 4.096v reference for the ADC. Will the above equation still be applicable?

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
302_plus_a_few said:
What??? Look at the equation again. It's just addition and multiplication. :D
Is that thing multiple choice? I swear I see an A B C D in there.

The reason why god doesn't let people like me understand equations like that. Is because he knows if I was that smart. I would have to try and TAKE OVER THE WORLD! Thats the reason he made sure Pinky never left the Brain alone............think about it man...............;)

·
Merry HoHo
31,627 Posts
302_plus_a_few said:
Remember the 5th order fit equation you gave me to create the lookup tables for our WB display?

v=-1.1027*x**5+15.8902*x**4-80.1072*x**3+187.9840*x**2-207.0476*x+96.244

Well, Microchip just shipped me three samples of their new PIC16F818 microcontroller with the 10 bit ADC. I'm going to convert the code that I used in your display to use the 10 bit ADC and also provide a 4.096v reference for the ADC. Will the above equation still be applicable?
my head, it hurts, make it stop please.:D

·
The Fastest of the Fast
8,014 Posts
I bought one from Motec....its called a professional lamba meter....I am a professional :)

Keep playing with your equations, maybe your wideband will work.....IMO, Id like to make sure when it says 11.7:1 it doesnt mean something else....

·
World Record Holder!
11,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AnotherRedHead said:
I bought one from Motec....its called a professional lamba meter....I am a professional :)

Keep playing with your equations, maybe your wideband will work.....IMO, Id like to make sure when it says 11.7:1 it doesnt mean something else....
It is working on Andrew's car and he verified it's accuracy on the dyno with a wide band. Version two will be a little more accurate.
Dolomite said:
A professional that can't spell lambda.
LMAO!!

·
Chassis Service
3,236 Posts
AnotherRedHead said:

I give him alot of respect for doing it himself. Anybody can just buy one.

·
The Fastest of the Fast
8,014 Posts
FOG said:
I give him alot of respect for doing it himself. Anybody can just buy one.
Yea, and anyone can just buy the wideband kit and put it together if you can soilder....thanks though, I'll keep my wideband thats second to none....unless your sporting ariba sensor, or you got Job's personal wideband, you aint got shit on me.....

I gave my sister props for putting her stereo in her car herself, so I see what you mean. :)

·
IA2
22,150 Posts
SNEAKY said:
WHA WHA WHA WHA DID HE JUST SAY:confused:
You can represent a decimal value of 1024 (well, actually 1024 values from 0 to 1023) in 10 bits :D

I _think_ what Andrew is saying is that it is necessary to map the reading considering that there may be 1024 possible input values from the A2D converter.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.