DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok does the power pipe replace the pipe thats between the blower and the intake? or the tube with the filter on it? I have herd people say that it can ab about 2 lbs of boost. But, Just because you have more boost dosent nessesaraly mean you get more power, right? Thats why many 4cyl cars run such high boost, because the piping os so small, Right? I guess what im asking is, does the anderson Power pipe actuall force more air into the motor, or does is just restrict the air and make the guage read more boost.
Sorry if its confusing.
Chris

·
Premium Member
15,928 Posts
The anderson power pipe goes from the inlet of the blower to the mass air meter. It is actually bigger, allowing more air to flow into the blower. Thus helping create more boost. Great add on for any blower, plus they look really nice.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
say you have piping that is a 4 in diam. and you are running 10 lbs. of boost. And you have a 2 in dia. pipe, wouldent you be running close to 20 Lbs. of boost? Given the many different factors? Thats why Eclipes's run so much boost, Because they have very small piping. Correct me if im wrong but im just thinking here.

·
I drive a fookin Honda
5,254 Posts
Not necessarily. Restriction can be affected by much more than just the inlet side of the blower. Factor in restrictions in the intake manifold, heads, and exhaust as well. Its VERY easy to make big boost #s on a car w/stock heads, cam, intake. Take that same car and blower pullies, open things up and the boost will drop but the car will make more power and efficiently as well.

·
Premium Member
15,928 Posts
garrison89' said:
say you have piping that is a 4 in diam. and you are running 10 lbs. of boost. And you have a 2 in dia. pipe, wouldent you be running close to 20 Lbs. of boost? Given the many different factors? Thats why Eclipes's run so much boost, Because they have very small piping. Correct me if im wrong but im just thinking here.
I think you are confused about the power pipe.

The power pipe is the the pipe that goes from the mass air meter, to the inlet of the blower. The Discharge tube is what goes from the outlet of the blower to the throttle body.

Boost is simply a measure of preasure. when the air is forced in, it hits restrictions, and backsup, thus causing boost.

·
Premium Member
31,877 Posts
Matt93Cobra said:
Not necessarily. Restriction can be affected by much more than just the inlet side of the blower. Factor in restrictions in the intake manifold, heads, and exhaust as well. Its VERY easy to make big boost #s on a car w/stock heads, cam, intake. Take that same car and blower pullies, open things up and the boost will drop but the car will make more power and efficiently as well.
A perfect example would be my car. I've got the standard 8# pulley for a stock 4.6, but due to the better flowing FRPP heads and intake, I see 6-7lbs at WOT.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have always wondered why small 4 cyl. car can make so much boost but the car dosent gain that much HP. And when you put a blower on a v-8 small boost numbers can make lots of extra HP. Because the V8 can take in much more air than a 4 cyl.
BUT NOW I KNOW!

·
-----------------------
1,419 Posts
Speaking of pulleys.....how in the heck to you know what a 6lb, 8lb, 11lb, pulley are? All that I know is that the pulleys are 2.65", 2.95", 3.33" and so on. Is their a calculator on the web that can calculate a given boost pressure with regard to crank and SC pully combos??? I need help trying to reach a certain boost level and want to stay within the parameters of the supercharger?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.