DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, last night I'm driving down 1709 here in Keller going to a friend's house about 2:30am and I see a cop drive by and pull a U so I knew I was going to get pulled over because I was the only person on the road. Pulls me over, goes through the usual ID and insurance crap and goes back to his car. Comes back about 2 seconds later with one hand on his pistol and one hand with his cuffs and flashlight (I just thought OH SHIT!:eek: :( ) .

He asks me, "Sir, is there any particular reason that I should know of that your liscense plates don't match up with your registration?" I just sat there and thought about him thinking that I had stolen the car and switched plates. I tell him no and that I've been pulled over more than a few times late at night like this and no other cop has ever said anything. He just basically keeps asking the same question over and over for 5-10 minutes trying to get me to fess up about the car but I'm just sitting there dumbfounded, thinking "what the hell".

My father had just redone the registration in November (I was down in Austin for college) and thought nothing was wrong, nobody told us anything and once again, I've been pulled over probably 3 or 4 times and never had a problem.

The cop tells me that he could give me a citation for "showing the wrong plates" and that would be $300-400 he says. I tell him that my father had done the registration for me since I was busy down in Austin and the cop automatically says, "You are an adult in this state, this is your responsibility." I just said, "yes sir"

He relaxed then and told me that he was going to let me go but if he sees me driving around with the same plates in a week or two he will pull me over again and give me a ticket, then told me to leave.

I'm sorry but I was trying to be as nice as possible and I know he was just doing his job and at that early in the day was probably making sure I wasn't drunk but damn, lighten up you KELLER PRICKS!!!:mad:

Ah well, that was my story and I didn't get a fine or arrested so I'm done ranting:cool:

· I am a Motherfucker
4,755 Posts
dude, you are lucky.
Keller cops are busted.
If it was me, I would be in jail for DWI because In dont even recelect anything I did last night at the club.

· I am a Motherfucker
4,755 Posts
IT IS PROBABALLY JUST PROBABLE CAUSE, so he can pull you over to make sure youre not fucking up. I get that alot.

· I am a Motherfucker
4,755 Posts
WORD!
You know I gotta quit next month........
caught a damn case, but Im trying to beat it.
.55 grams of seeds and stems when north texas task force raided my house. TOOK ALL MY PIPES AND BONGS TOO! BASTARDS!:(

· Premium Member
28,020 Posts
How would you feel if you pulled a car over with plates that didn't match the vehicle? It's called a felony traffic stop, you're lucky you didn't get face down on the ground with the cavalry showing up.

· Out
36,504 Posts
GE said:
How would you feel if you pulled a car over with plates that didn't match the vehicle? It's called a felony traffic stop, you're lucky you didn't get face down on the ground with the cavalry showing up.
Actually, I was wondering the same thing.

Face down, ass up... that's where you are on a felony stop!

· Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GE said:
I know I was lucky so don't shove it in my face.

I should have asked what type of vehicles plates they are for because I bought the car right at a year ago and if the guy that sold it to me registered his other car then there is a mitsubishi Montero with my plates on it, I'm gonna call him up today.

I know the cop just pulled me over because he wanted to make sure I wasn't drunk or anything but dammit, WTF have those other cops that pulled me over before been smoking:confused: I think FFC sold them some bad shit or something because like I said, I've never had a problem. Hell a roanoke cop was following me through just a few days ago about 2am when my friends and I were passing through and I know they were were my plates so I don't understand I wasn't pulled over at that time too.

Oh well, I'm getting it fixed so nothing to fret about

· Other half of bitter
7,023 Posts
<---AL P

Well, if you have gotten pulled over before and no one said anything I bet the cop was just plain full of shit. That happens sometimes you know.

Just like GE said, if this was a felony stop then he would have been all gung ho on your ass.

Sounds to me like he was bullshitting his way to some probable cause... happens all the time. I got pulled over one time in Fort Worth and the cop told me that there was a "warrant out for the driver of my car". I actually laughed at him when he said that.

· Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
michelle95gt said:
<---AL P

Well, if you have gotten pulled over before and no one said anything I bet the cop was just plain full of shit. That happens sometimes you know.

Just like GE said, if this was a felony stop then he would have been all gung ho on your ass.

Sounds to me like he was bullshitting his way to some probable cause... happens all the time. I got pulled over one time in Fort Worth and the cop told me that there was a "warrant out for the driver of my car". I actually laughed at him when he said that.
Problem is guys that the cop wasn't messing with me. I have checked my registration and sure enough, they are the wrong liscense plates, my father is going to try and fix it today (monday)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.