• Cheezy

Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

We have proposed an idea to our school, Allen HS, to allow us to have a car show to raise money for our prom. I brought the idea up and amazingly they seemed willing to do it. I am hoping to include lots of different judgings and contests like Sub-Woofer contests and of course, car judging. We are looking to ford dealerships and various shops to have officials to judge the cars, and would like to have vendors come out and support as well.

So what categories could we judge cars by? Best of show, best engine, best ford to name a few.

Does this sound like something interesting for those of you near Allen?

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. We are going to show the winning cars on the announcements and give out trophies as well.

It would be awesome if Mustangs could dominate the show!

Mike

·
P.I.M.P.
3,868 Posts
Might wanna hit up that Sonic on McDermot - they usually have a car show going on and you could find some prospective entries ... Usually some great looking old cars and some vipers along with some ricers...

Oh yeah - I'll volunteer to Judge Hot Rods... if u have a Old Hot Rod or Classic Car category I'll volunteer for that one...

·
Your My Next Child
734 Posts
There would have to be a "fastest" category. Which would require participants to pull out on Exchange and race. ;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought the Sunday nights at Sonic were over. Yes, a ton of kids at the highschool's cars are not "showworthy" as is mine, so we are trying to come up with categories/competitions that these people could win as well. Such as "Oldest Car", "Best Classic Find" "Most Mileage" "Most Damaged" etc etc.

It would be at the highschool, not sonic. Most likely the police OR the faculty would want to stand watch, so for our sake, no racing! Take it away from the show so we don't get blamed and we can continue to do this.

I have nothing against streetracing, but maybe a trip to redline raceway or ennis could be arranged afterwards. Redline is close, I've never been to Denton either. Info on the nearby tracks would be cool too.

Anybody know some shops/vendors that might be interested? Sponsors, trophy shops, magazine editors (judging type people)

Thanks!

·
P.I.M.P.
3,868 Posts
Wheres REDLINE? And I didnt say to do it at Sonic, just saying to hit it up sometime and tell em about it... maybe they'd be interested

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm...a bikini contest....I think the principal would agree to that! While we're at it, how bout a wet t-shirt contest as well? But seriously who could stop you from bringing chicks in bikini's?

Is the sunday night sonics still active??

We'll have a best mustang category definitly. Every student and their dog owns one.

Just messin round chevy folks...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts