DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· None
10,576 Posts
Big air tank and big air flow.

Check your air tools and find out what their CFM requirements are. Take the highest CFM number and multiply by 1.5. Armed with that number, look for a air compressor that will handle it. Use the "free air " or "usable @ ##psi" as your comparison.

The bigger the tank the longer you will be able to use the airtool without having the compressor kick in.

There are also two types of compressors - lubricated and oil-less. Oil-less usually have a slick cylinder wall and are decent for occasional home stuff. But if you use it alot, you'll have to get the engine rebuilt since that material will eventually wear away.

· Darkside
20,179 Posts
I have the 6.5 horsepower 60 gallon upright 220v, you will have to hard wire it. Its well worth it. What ever you do, don't get a direct drive compressor.( this is the one with no v belts) They are loud! Mine was about 397.00 then I had to spend another 100.00 getting it going...........I love my compressor!:D

· Poor Boy Racing
2,399 Posts
Sam's has one called the Black Max and I've never had any probs with it. I have 2 of them in my shop and have had them since 1999 and all i've had to do is change the oil and drain the water. I can't remember how much they were but I do know they were very reasonable. Just to give you an idea we can have one person sanding or grinding and another in the booth painting and we still have plenty of pressure.

· I am a Motherfucker
4,755 Posts
Whats up jackass? Long time no see.
Hows chris??:D

· Darkside
20,179 Posts
Your link timed out, but if you got the horizontal with the v-belt drive, that should do the trick just fine. Only tools that it will have a hard time driving is the airdrills and DA sanders. Other than that its a smoking deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.