DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw it on the news, Students and alum donated 15k to have bonfire on a offsite location

Go aggie's

Id Whoop if I could :D

·
FORMER LS1 OWNER
1,358 Posts
DarkPony said:
I just saw it on the news, Students and alum donated 15k to have bonfire on a offsite location

Go aggie's

Id Whoop if I could :D
DON'T TALK ABOUT THE BONFIRE....IT'S A SENSITIVE SUBJECT!!! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
33,187 Posts
Why in the world would anyone donate $15K to build a bonfire?

I'm an Aggie and I think that's about the dumbest fucking thing you could possibly do with $15K. I'd rather flush it straight down the toilet... at least a bum on the other end could get some nice cognac with it.

Some Ag traditions are fine. But I was glad to see Bonfire go. Has anyone in College Station ever heard of Toys for Tots or the Red Cross? :rolleyes:

·
FORMER LS1 OWNER
1,358 Posts
46Tbird said:
Why in the world would anyone donate $15K to build a bonfire?

Come on...it's tradition...it represents their burning hatred for Texas.

·
FORMER LS1 OWNER
1,358 Posts
Denny said:
Hell, I'll cut them a smokin' deal. I'll burn them a big pile of wood for $10,000!!!!
where would you live then? :confused:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Please spay or neuter your Aggie, help the world be a more intelligent place.

·
FORMER LS1 OWNER
1,358 Posts
Denny said:
Instead of just fuckin' yo mama and leavin', I'll just throw her ass out on the lawn and break camp there!
she ain't 18 though.

·
FORMER LS1 OWNER
1,358 Posts
Denny said:
HAHAHA! Well, she looks damn good for her age!

at least one of you does.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Bonfire was not funded by one person. They have been accepting donations, and they charged for parking at the event.

I'm glad there's a group here that has the balls to stand up for the greatest tradition there is. I'm sick of the dumbasses in the administration making terrible decisions and ruining this school for the people that actually care about it. Bonfire can be built safely, as it had been for 89 years. Our administration is so caught up in vision 2020 that they saw this as the perfect opportunity to get rid of a tradition they never liked in the first place.

I lost a very close friend in the 1999 Bonfire collapse. But that doesn't mean I'm close-minded enough to think that there can be no safe Bonfire. I know he'd be pretty pissed off if he saw the way this situation has been handled, and he'd be damn glad to see people fighting for Bonfire, just like I am.

Gig 'Em
-Josh
-FTAC 2002

Here's a couple of pics of what it looked like last night.

·
Out
41,944 Posts
Nobody said it couldn't be built safely, they're just amused that certain Aggies think it's "The Greatest Tradition There Is".

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Denny said:
Nobody said it couldn't be built safely, they're just amused that certain Aggies think it's "The Greatest Tradition There Is".
I think it's the greatest tradition we have/had. I know it's pointless to try to explain this to any of you people so I won't try.

pic 2:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
That last picture looks like a burning cross. Sure this wasn't a Klan rally?

·
Along for the ride
7,029 Posts
thanks for the support Beej, i wish you could be down here Whoopin with us...it be kick ass. :) unfortunately i didn't get to go yesterday because i was on my way back from the Houston Texans/NY Giants football game (my gf's cousin is Dan Cambell, starting tight end for the Giants, ex Aggie i might add too...Whoop). if not for the game i would have been there for sure. anyways, i'm glad the bonfire was a success. IMO, and again, just my opinion the greatest thing about bonfire is fellow aggies coming together. there's very few schools that can bring students together the way A&M students do. and bonfire can be built safely so it should continue on at A&M (vision 2020 sucks from what i've read). even the victim's families want to see bonfire continue safely from what i've read. if you're not an aggie you and don't understand that's fine. but i don't understand the bashing by most of you. have you ever heard "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"? there's a lot of hatred on this board and it's just sad. ok, rant off.

thanks and gig 'em.

marcus- FTAC '02

1 - 20 of 40 Posts