DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
10,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some time now, the wife and I have been toying with the idea of buying a couple of Harleys. She really likes the Sportster and I like the VRod. However I haven't ridden a bike since High School (and that was only a couple times in a parking lot) and she has never ridden.

So we are going to go buy a cheap ass used bike to take to the classes and ride around on for a while before we spend 8 grand for her bike and upwards of 18K for mine.

So does anyone have any suggestions of makes and models? Where should we go to look for a bike that cost less than a grand (under 500 would be best)

The bike can be an old one and should be considered a beginners bike.

·
We lost one.....
6,415 Posts
The motorcycles safety class I took provided the bikes. If your looking for a cheap beginners bike look for an older ninja 500 or ninja 250. Odds are that anything you find that cheap won't be pretty but I would much rather lay down a bike that was under a grand than a newer bike with very expensive fairings.

·
Hustlin'
8,099 Posts
Does it have to be a lemming bike? I understand if so. I'd be very cautious shopping for a harley w/o a warranty unless its like an 02 or newer maybe.

The token beginner beater is the 250/500, and chances are your not going to have too much letting the next newb learn on it after your done. Not a bad choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts