DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Highly Compressed
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let you all know that based on popular opinion on this site, I had Karl down at Action Muffler in Arlington weld in my Ford Motor Sports (Kenny Brown) subframe connectors. I highly recommend these connectors for ease of installation if you know a good welder. I like the seat t-bar brace (bolts to the seat studs). Karl down at the shop seemed like a pretty good guy but his friend that helped him was 100% certified nuts!:eek: Didn't catch his name, but I didn't much care for his lack of detail. He freekin' shook my car on the lift while Karl was welding just to piss Karl off......I think he did a better job of pissing me off!:mad: Thank God Karl did all the welding. Don't let that other jackass touch your car! He's gonna lose business if he keeps that guy....

· Premium Member
2,501 Posts
What was the charge for the whole job?

Oh... and I'm under the impression that sub-frame connectors connect to the sub frame (dur) so I should prob wait to install them when I put my tube-k in right?

· Premium Member
5,022 Posts
Leif said:
What was the charge for the whole job?

Oh... and I'm under the impression that sub-frame connectors connect to the sub frame (dur) so I should prob wait to install them when I put my tube-k in right?
Subframe Connectors stiffen the frame. I would do them soon. I am going to put some on mine after I get it out of the body shop. I have heard it really helps verts too.

· Highly Compressed
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The welding cost $60. The subframe connectors cost me $100 (USA Motorsports). I don't know if this was a good price or not for the install but at least it's done.....As far as having to wait until you have your tube-k in, I have no idea...anyone else?

· Registered
1,378 Posts
The guy that was "NUTS" was the fat hillbilly guy right! He was crazy. He was talking jibberish the whole time I was up there!:confused:

· Registered
1,378 Posts
Hicompression, Where in Arlington do you live?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.