DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hustlin'
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Her 00 WS6 was perfect and never wrecked...well it is now. Does anyone know a Brent at Jupiter Chevrolet? That is where she is having her car looked over right now and possibly where she'll have the repairs made. I thought I'd post up and see if anyone had some comments about this dealer/service guy.

The car was hit by a woman claming that her husband had left her that day and was very distrot (but luckily had insurance). I think I'd try and hold off driving if something like that happend to me..

Anyway, let me know of what you folk think of Jupiter, or please make recommendations of someone who is very familiar w/ the 98+ WS6. Aparently Brent has a T/A and a vette so that makes Kala a little more comfortable about going w/ Jupiter.

·
How you doin'
25,872 Posts
oh yeah, i don't know about Jupiter's repair shop, but their new car sales managers are morons. here's my convo with one of them right before i bought my tahoe:

me: can you meet this deal (i give them the exact deal that i was getting somewhere else)

them (salesmanager): oh heck yeah, c'mon over and we'll get everything setup.

me: ok, but are you for sure that you can do this deal, because i live in wylie, and i don't want to drive all of the way out there for nothing.

them (salesmanager): oh yeah, no sweat. c'mon over and we'll get everything in order, you don't have to worry a bit.

i get there, and:

salesmanager - (after waiting 1-hour for them to play with themselves) he walks in and says, "we can't meet that price, sorry..." :rolleyes:

i asked him why he wasn't up front with me, and he said that he thought that if he got me there that maybe we could work something out...:confused: morons, morons i tell you!

·
Hustlin'
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
STANGGT40 said:
oh yeah, i don't know about Jupiter's repair shop, but their new car sales managers are morons. here's my convo with one of them right before i bought my tahoe:

me: can you meet this deal (i give them the exact deal that i was getting somewhere else)

them (salesmanager): oh heck yeah, c'mon over and we'll get everything setup.

me: ok, but are you for sure that you can do this deal, because i live in wylie, and i don't want to drive all of the way out there for nothing.

them (salesmanager): oh yeah, no sweat. c'mon over and we'll get everything in order, you don't have to worry a bit.

i get there, and:

salesmanager - (after waiting 1-hour for them to play with themselves) he walks in and says, "we can't meet that price, sorry..." :rolleyes:

i asked him why he wasn't up front with me, and he said that he thought that if he got me there that maybe we could work something out...:confused: morons, morons i tell you!
I think its safe to say that this sorta thing exists everywhere in new auto sales; sorry to hear about that happening there. I'm pretty sure Brent is a service/repair guy....hope there is a difference in intelegence between these 2 depts.

I heard about this tonight and she had already taken her car there. I would def recommend the H to her, I'll see if she's dead set on going w/ Brent tomorrow.

·
[x] original checkboxer
10,806 Posts
That sucks about the car! I've never seen another black with silver stripes WS6 before though. My old girlfriend bought a new WS6 T/A in 1998 and had the dealer apply stripes(painted on) just like that car in the picture. The exact opposite of JC's car, and they live in the same town!(Cedar Hill) Hopefully everything works out with the insurance company, if not, just ask GE for some help!;)

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Man, it is a sad sight to see a beautiful TA in that state:(

·
Hustlin'
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE!

Just got this email from my Boss.

The insurance is saying the car may end up being totaled, their first estimate was $14 thousand in damages. The value of the car looks like they will call it around $21 thousand. I have not yet heard their final decision, they are now having the body guy at the dealer go over it completely to get final totals. If I end up having to start over and find another car, what sources do you know? Cars.com no longer has anything listed like I want. What I want is a Trans Am or formula with automatic transmission, Ram air, WS6, a spoiler like I had, the stripes would be nice, a V8, cd player and all power everything with the anti theft devices already in place. And it has to be Black. There was not one Ram Air WS6 listed on cars.com. Where else should I look?
Doesn't look like 14k to me....

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Dealerships are horrible about pricing... I deal a lil with the body shop at the dealership i work at... They'd do good work, but it's expensive... about 70-80 an hr labor, high parts charges... Her frame may be way outa wack too.... Looks like it took a HARD hit to do that much damage...

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
:eek: I would be pissed off!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.