DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vikings are next!
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a nitrous kit for my car! I have a 02 GT 5-speed! What is the best kit for my car..and how much does it cost? Also whats the safest shot I can run? Do I have to worry about my motor blowing up? What else will I need to along with the nitrous set-up..i.e..different plugs, injectors and so forth?.........and one last thing. If I was to keep my car with the basic bolt-ons I have now, you know o/r exhaust, pullies, gear...........etc...I bet my car would last a good 5 years the way I have it now...with the nitrous will I go through through the motor quicker..meaning it would only last about 1-2 years on the bottle? I know its alot of questions but I'm trying to decide wether nitrous is the way to go or not..I don't want a charger cause I heard the blow up motors quick! Any feedback would be VERY HELPFUL!
Thanks....Miguel!

·
Vikings are next!
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Schargedcobra97 said:
get a dry shot and you can run 300 safely... hurry go do it they have great deals
:rolleyes:...any good answers from people that have 99 AND UP MUSTANGS?

·
Custom Title
16,520 Posts
A charger will not blow your engine up if you have it tuned properly. I've had one for 1 1/2 years, no problems. Saleen takes a regular GT and slaps a blower on it, no internals change that I am aware of, and you can get an extended warranty on one, so I doubt they would do that knowing the engine would let go after a few miles.

Anything you do to add power could cause damage, just depends on your combo and how well it is installed and used. You could put a 50 shot of NOS on it and blow it up, if your unlucky.

Blowers never run out of juice! :D

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
I would get an NX Kit with a 75-100 shot. The motor won't blow if you will treat it right and don't let the nitrous bug bite.;) My .02
-Y

·
The Medium Kabuki
3,051 Posts
hey i am getting nitrous on wednesday on my 99cobra... pm jeremy (46 fever) and he can answer all of your questions, get all of the parts, and do all of the work

·
Merry HoHo
32,791 Posts
kaaronc said:
hey i am getting nitrous on wednesday on my 99cobra... pm jeremy (46 fever) and he can answer all of your questions, get all of the parts, and do all of the work
jeremy dont know shit, he needs to talk to Manny;) :p

·
Merry HoHo
32,791 Posts
kaaronc said:
BTW you working tonight?

·
Merry HoHo
32,791 Posts
kaaronc said:
well.... i just got home, and i have darts at Moe's Roadhouse until 10:30....and then i will be back to rip's
i will be in bed then.

<~~~~~~~~~still waiting his free order of hotwings;)

·
Merry HoHo
32,791 Posts
sorry for the hijacking. you should reallly talk to HPP through. they can get you hooked up right.

·
The Medium Kabuki
3,051 Posts
SNEAKY said:
i will be in bed then.

<~~~~~~~~~still waiting his free order of hotwings;)
come up on wednesday night .... just let me know when ... and maybe we can call all denton peeps out .... i'll buy the wings everyone else buys the beer

·
almost ready to race
2,915 Posts
I've had good luck with the NX wet kit on my 02. I have been running a 150 shot for quite some time (even when I had a stock fuel pump)

Stick with a 100 shot, window switch (only sprays from 3000-6000 rpms), fuel pressure safety switch, colder spark plugs gapped tight, and a WOT switch, you can have an extra 100 at the wheels on demand and monster torque.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Get the compucar wet kit for $479.00. Run a 125 shot and you should be good to go.

i was talking to a guy that works a mustang shop and he was telling me they have seen the best results from these kits. He said the only problem he has seen w/ these kits was when a guy sat on the rev limiter w/ the gas spraying and it pooled up and blew his intake.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts