DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe we can start a V6 section on this forum like the corral??

Anyways, I have a 98 V6, and I heard about swapping for the 99+ split port intake,

1. Would you have to switch computers?

2. Would you have to switch the fuel system (returnless?)?

3. Other changes required.

Has anybody tried this?

Thanks,

Mike

· Im Not Fat Im Big Boned !
3,640 Posts
I had a 98 V6 and I thought it was just the intake that was different but when I was going to attempt that swap I was told that I needed diff. heads as well ?? I have seen another person do it without swapping heads but I dont remember how or what mods it took to do it ! ROB

· Registered
55 Posts
the comp will need to be retunned-you wolnt need a new one, however you may look into buying a new chip-just depends on what you are wanting to do later or what you want it to do now. New heads are not required, but you will see more of a power increase with the new heads and the new intake, also the costs of haveing both done at the same time will save you in the long run. A larger MAF sensor will work best with the application you are choseing too. How long have you had the car and where did you get it??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.