DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Taliban can SUCK IT!
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about running a set of twin T3/04s on my car till i get my 408 put togeather, its a stock bottom end HO motor. got the forged pistons and such but would 7PSI out of each turbo still =ing 7PSI total be too much boost on that bottom end with a main girdle? im planning on driving this car to the track but its not a daily by any means

·
Banned
31,758 Posts
Whitesmoke said:
im thinking about running a set of twin T3/04s on my car till i get my 408 put togeather, its a stock bottom end HO motor. got the forged pistons and such but would 7PSI out of each turbo still =ing 7PSI total be too much boost on that bottom end with a main girdle? im planning on driving this car to the track but its not a daily by any means
Bryan Sharer ran 21-23psi on his stock bottom end, so yeah, I'd say you should be alright at 7psi. :p

·
Im somebody's daddy!
14,602 Posts
Yeah, Ive got a data log here where I pegged the 3-bar map sensor on a stock bottom end with only a girdle.

·
Arbeit Macht Frei
19,759 Posts
With forged pistons, shit crank it up a little more :cool:
8-10lbs :D

·
Taliban can SUCK IT!
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cooter said:
Bryan Sharer ran 21-23psi on his stock bottom end, so yeah, I'd say you should be alright at 7psi. :p
lol ok then i think i will cause they are pretty small for a V8 i just didnt want to buy a boost controler i can run them at 7 without one thats their stock PSI

·
Banned
31,758 Posts
Whitesmoke said:
lol ok then i think i will cause they are pretty small for a V8 i just didnt want to buy a boost controler i can run them at 7 without one thats their stock PSI
Bryan was running T3's... hybrids should be able to split the block if you wanted them to...

you can raise the boost for under $10... :confused:

Forrest

·
Taliban can SUCK IT!
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cooter said:
Bryan was running T3's... hybrids should be able to split the block if you wanted them to...

you can raise the boost for under $10... :confused:

Forrest
i know its not expensive i just dont want to bother puting the controler in i have one in my tool box from a buddys 300ZX that blew up, i dont wana split the block but if thats what it comes to so be it :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts