DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not certain, but my motor has a new shudder at idle...doesn't feel the best:( I took it to the track and beat on it like a Mustang....dumb me:)

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
You probably bent a pushrod and weakened a few of your valve springs. Or it could be simple as a broken plug or damaged one.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Cmarsh93z said:
Id check the radiator filter...maybe its clogged.

Chris
I would advise to a micrometer to the muffler bearings and make sure they are not .034" out of spec, you must have overreved and knurled a few of the bearings. On Pg.14 of the Chilton manual will describe how to do this procedure properly.

·
If the shoe fits......
5,406 Posts
Monsoon X said:
You don't think so?
Nope, internals are the crank, rods, pistons, and camshaft. Things that are held within the block. Not bolted to the block or on something bolted to the block. But maybe its just me.

·
Crash Test Dummy
21,966 Posts
NDSP said:
Nope, internals are the crank, rods, pistons, and camshaft. Things that are held within the block. Not bolted to the block or on something bolted to the block. But maybe its just me.
Well I believe that the valvetrain is a part of the inside of an engine.

But really, is it important? :)

·
Darkside
20,120 Posts
Push rods are notorious for bending under high rpms. Don't dog on it until you check them. Other wise you will kink a valve.;)

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Tweakd said:
I've seen that happen oh too often on GM's :rolleyes:
That is true, I have seen happen alot more on Found On Road Dead vehicles

·
#1 Howard Stern fan
4,842 Posts
Erfan Z28 said:
If it acts like its running on seven cylinders its more than likely a spring.....seen it to many times.......

·
DERP DERP DERP
36,645 Posts
Erfan Z28 said:
umm, dont you mean first on race day, erfan?:D
Jeremy

1 - 20 of 30 Posts