DFW Mustang Forums banner

501 Rwhp And Over 430 Rwtq Stock Bottom End 346

698 views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  spankustang 
#1 ·
#8 ·
302_plus_a_few said:
I bet that thing doesn't last a season.
even you should be impressed with those numbers from a na motor ;)

#14 ·
spankustang said:
Stock shortblock, crane 2031, canfield heads, holley intake, s-trim, and c-4:D :D
I've seen civics make 500fwhp with boost. The Ls1 in question did it N/A stock bottom end.

You just need a huge cam and good set of heads and the rest of the supporting bolt-on cast. :)

hmmm good heads, and a huge cam. Who else has those?

#16 ·
spankustang said:
obviously with wimpy trq # it's a 6sp car, so that means it'll run some 11.50's and then it'll come apart!!!
I guess you over looked this part.

"last time i went to the track i ran 10.58 @ 130 mph!! at that time we had

480 rwhp and 415-420 rwtq"

#20 ·
DMcRacer said:
I guess you over looked this part.

"last time i went to the track i ran 10.58 @ 130 mph!! at that time we had

480 rwhp and 415-420 rwtq"
The only LS1 that i've seen in the 10's is Sean's. I know there are a few more, but i also know that after about the 3 or 4th pass it'll break!!!!

#24 ·
spankustang said:
The only LS1 that i've seen in the 10's is Sean's. I know there are a few more, but i also know that after about the 3 or 4th pass it'll break!!!!
There aren't that many vehicles on this website that run 10s without breaking something. Especially with a stock motor.

Things have changed since you had that white Z, Brian. It's not uncommon to see a 10 second LS1 anymore.

#25 ·
David Z28 said:
There aren't that many vehicles on this website that run 10s without breaking something. Especially with a stock motor.

Things have changed since you had that white Z, Brian. It's not uncommon to see a 10 second LS1 anymore.
Yea,
Just about anything that's fairly stock is gonna break if it's making power(mine did).:( And I know there's some LS1's in the 10's and 9's. But I also think if you go to the track, you'll see more ten second mustangs than LS1's. By the way, I still like the LS1. Probly the best bang for the buck since 87-93 mustangs!!:D

#26 ·
I'd be interested to see the dyno graph on the car versus the old combination...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.