DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BIG SEXY
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how much parts and labor would be on a complete 5 lug conversion on a 88 GT? Any info would be greatly appreciated [sp]
Thanks,

-Carlos :cool:

·
Registered
371 Posts
it depends if you want to go with the sn95 which give you all four disc brakes or if you just want to go with five lug drum brakes i dont know about the drum but the sn95 around here in houston is about $500

·
No, I don't have a turbo
2,203 Posts
Including wheels, and all the big stuff (99-2004 GT brakes) I have close to $800 in mine.. Not including labor

TT

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
I dropped almost $2K in my 5-lug conversion, but I did many other things at the same time:

SN-95 spindles (from junkyard - $100, I think)
Turbocoupe Rearend with 3.55 gears ($300)
Ranger axles (from junkyard - $100, I think)
13" SN-95 Cobra Rotors - New ($75 each, I think)
11.65" SN-95 Cobra Rotors, rear - New ($50 each, I think)
1.00" bore Master Cylinder - Used (FREEBIE!)
Cobra PBR Calipers, new ($300)
SN-95 rear calipers, new (FREEBIE!)
Cobra R 5-lug wheels ($500, I think)
New BFG Comp T/A ZR 17" tires ($450)
Finally, an alignment job ($35)
Wilwood Adjustable Proportioning Valve ($75, i think)
FMS C Springs ($75, from someone on this board)
I almost forgot: Stainless braided lines from Earls

Result: AWESOME! Go ahead and invest in the good brakes, if you can. Foxs beg for good brakes.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
doesn't Baer Brakes sell a conversion kit?

<--wanting to go 5-lug as well w/ all disc:D

·
Premium Member
6,783 Posts
you can do it cheap and get you front rotors of a late 80's lincoln Mark VII and use to right hand axles off a older ranger and also use the brake drums to

·
Resident Pinstriper
5,190 Posts
$2K in brakes !?!? Damn, I bought EVERYTHING except axles off of a wrecked '94 GT vert from a guy on here for $200. That was spindles, rotors, calipers, lines, master cylinder, brake booster, proportioning valve and all the rear stuff, minus axles. Just do some searching. I've got the hubs and calipers off of an SN-95 for sale in the Parts Forum. I gave $80 for them before I found all of it together. That's what I have them for sale for. It also depends on what kind of wheels you plan on using....if you don't want to run a newer style wheel that has the sunken-in hubcaps, you can use the Lincoln front rotors, and keep all your stock stuff, like spindles, calipers, etc. Good luck.

-Aaron

·
Registered
165 Posts
those 03 cobra's should look good on a 92 gt vert.

i've got the 5 lug r's on my 91 gt vert. i got the conversion kit from texas mustang and with rims and tires included, i spent about $1,650. like others have said, i'm sure you can do it cheaper, you just have to look around.

·
No, I don't have a turbo
2,203 Posts
junkstang88 said:
$2K in brakes !?!? Damn, I bought EVERYTHING except axles off of a wrecked '94 GT vert from a guy on here for $200. That was spindles, rotors, calipers, lines, master cylinder, brake booster, proportioning valve and all the rear stuff, minus axles. Just do some searching. I've got the hubs and calipers off of an SN-95 for sale in the Parts Forum. I gave $80 for them before I found all of it together. That's what I have them for sale for. It also depends on what kind of wheels you plan on using....if you don't want to run a newer style wheel that has the sunken-in hubcaps, you can use the Lincoln front rotors, and keep all your stock stuff, like spindles, calipers, etc. Good luck.

-Aaron
Now Aaron, you know that isn't the norm..

Check the Corral.. tons of stuff in the Suspension for Sale section right now..

You could get lucky like Aaron, or you could spend around $400-$500 for everything.. Or.. you could spend $2000.. Depends on how long you can wait, or if you want to buy everything at once.

TT

·
Premium Member
6,783 Posts
CantGetRight said:
thanks for the info. that helps a lot. i plan on putting on the 03 cobra wheels on a 92 GT vert.

-Carlos :cool:
if you do use those wheels then the lincoln rotors will not fit into the wheels, you will need to at least use SN crap up front

·
Is it cold in here?
7,371 Posts
I've got lincoln rotors on mine and it was just about as chap to upgrade to Moser axles than to buy the conversion axles!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts