DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· How you doin'
25,872 Posts
when i had my '00 ranger, a friend of mine wrecked his '00 expedition with only 3,000 miles on it, and i wanted to do this swap. i didn't have the time to do it, or the knowledge to do it, for that matter.

· ¯\(º_o)/¯
25,199 Posts
SVT should stand for Supercharged Vehicle Team.

· Sir Clavin
3,127 Posts
Dempster claimed that at the time we dragged the Lightning Bolt it was not entirely race ready. “It will get down into the 12s eventually with proper calibration.”

Did also read that the rear wheels were widened to 12 inches with 345 tires on them? :eek: :eek:

That shit is badass!

· None
10,576 Posts
Considering there's virtually no weight over the rear to facilitate a strong launch, that's a damn good time. Once real drivers (not journalists) get behind the wheel and learn how to properly launch the truck it will be well within the 12's or even 11's.

That may not ever see production, but for anyone who wants to build one themselves, they just showed that it's possible and even gave away the majority of the buildlist.

· Scared s**tless
13,733 Posts
92lxstang said:
My friend wants to put an SVO turbo on his 2.3 and have some fun with it. A turbo ranger would be pretty cool, I think.
make sure he does a 2.3T engine swap. the stock ranger internals will not hold up whatsoever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.