DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mr. Baiter
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a lift kit on my 2000 chevy Xcab and wonder where is the best place to buy the kit. Is suspension lift the way to go or should I just lift the body? I want to go up about 4-6 inches. What kind of prices should I expect for each type of kit and where should I purchase from? How hard is the install? Is it a DIY job or does a pro need to do it?

·
Registered
655 Posts
body, you can do. suspension, pro can do. body, cheap. suspension, $BLING*BLING$

·
With the T-Tops off
1,622 Posts
I wouldn't do a body. Suspension is the way to go and it all depends what your truck is, a 6 lug or an 8 lug, if it is the eight lug you will probably only be able to find a 6 inch. There are more kits out there for the six lug though. I put a custom 6 inch suspension built by a independent off road company in Salem, OR., with 35's on my '99 2500 8 lug. I will post a pic of it on here when I get home.

·
Registered
520 Posts
IMO

IMO trails end is the best place to go. and a sus lift is the best. my bro is a big 4 wheel guy and put 9" sus w/ 3 " body and it looks really good and rides well too. he went with superlift

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.