DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a 4 cylinder conversion and have very little knowledge about cars (yeah, it's going to be fun)... Anyways, I"m taking off the front struts, brakes, rotors, and the part that all the brake stuff connects to. So far i've unbolted the 4 bolts on top of the struts (I guess the caster plates???) and taken all the brake stuff off. I've got a jack underneath the a arm and my father walks outside and tells me if I take the jack out the spring is going to pop out and kill me. LOL Not really funny but you know how dad's are, a little dramatic. So, is there anyway I can take the jack out or do I have to go get a spring compressor? If it helps any i'm taking the front sway bar out also. Thanks and sorry so long...Brian

·
Bottle Fed
1,865 Posts
Brian-just jack it down slowly. if the jack releases quick-it may shoot out-but if you go down slowly it just falls out. :eek: Lee

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, obviously it's going to be alot safer and easier w/ a compressor?? Can you rent a compressor or is it a cheap thing you just buy? Thanks, Brian

·
fox bodies rule
2,053 Posts
compressor

you can rent one from auto zone, for cheap or nothing, I highly recomend renting one, You do want to live to drive the car right? very cheap insurance!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts