DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Darkside
20,179 Posts
The 4:10's aren't to bad on the highway with over drive. You will be in the neighborhood of 2800-3000 on the tach. The only regret I had with the 4:10 was highway racing (not that I did that), I couldn't shift in to 3rd gear at 75 mph ( TKO 5 speed) because the rpms were to high. So I had to take off at low rpms in 4th and play catchup. Other than that, I loved them. I would say 3:73's are the just about right. Not to much, not to little.;) But with the overdrive, I would have to say 4:10 just because it will free up some hp that the aod will drain.;)

·
Premium Member
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BBRANJEN said:
The 4:10's aren't to bad on the highway with over drive. You will be in the neighborhood of 2800-3000 on the tach. The only regret I had with the 4:10 was highway racing (not that I did that), I couldn't shift in to 3rd gear at 75 mph ( TKO 5 speed) because the rpms were to high. So I had to take off at low rpms in 4th and play catchup. Other than that, I loved them. I would say 3:73's are the just about right. Not to much, not to little.;) But with the overdrive, I would have to say 4:10 just because it will free up some hp that the aod will drain.;)
I JUST HEARD THAT THE 4:10's ARE HARD ON THE AODE BUT I DONT KNOW................

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
How many miles on the highway each day?

Just my opinion because I was asking almost the same question not too long ago with the exception that I drive 200 miles back and forth from school every other weekend. I'm going to be going with the 3.55's.

Go with the 3.73's

·
Premium Member
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stangcrazy said:
How many miles on the highway each day?

Just my opinion because I was asking almost the same question not too long ago with the exception that I drive 200 miles back and forth from school every other weekend. I'm going to be going with the 3.55's.

Go with the 3.73's
I WORK ABOUT 10-15 MILES AWAY FROM HOME AND ON THE WEEKENDS I GO TO MY PARENTS HOUSE OVER BY REDLINE.......

·
Watch Me Do Me
4,896 Posts
turbopaez said:
THE STRESS THAT THE OVERDRIVE IS IN AT A HIGHER RPM, I MIGHT BE WRONG BUT THATS WHAT I'VE BEEN TOLD....
I had a buddy with 3.73's (the car was actually for sale on this board a few weeks back) and it had problems with the OD going out, but had 3.73's.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.