DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the scoop on the 2002 mid year mustang pulley system???.....I assume I Have one because I can't find pulleys that fit........I have tryed two different sets....andI have a set that did not fit setting in my trunk right now.....Just looking for some answers

·
Vikings are next!
8,501 Posts
Crazed02Pony said:
Whats the scoop on the 2002 mid year mustang pulley system???.....I assume I Have one because I can't find pulleys that fit........I have tryed two different sets....andI have a set that did not fit setting in my trunk right now.....Just looking for some answers
I believe you are talking on the 01 mid year pullies, it was only in this year in whick they changed the pullies from early production 01's and the mid year +'s 01's...you should have no problem finding the ones for your car! I think you are just ordering the wrong one bro!:)

·
Foxbody King
16,462 Posts
when we did my pulleys on my early 01 the water pump pulley acted like it didnt fit we just tapped it and it went on the hub

·
11-05-09
21,427 Posts
Miguel, he's talking about the mid year water pump pulley change that was done on the 02 model.

The story is that Lonestar sold him a set of pullies for the original waterpump, and they won't fit his water pump pulley, the offset is OFF. Apparently they sold him a wrong set, and still want to charge him the %25 restocking fee, which is pure BULLSHIT.

BTW Miguel, he's not ordering the wrong set, he's being sold the wrong set

·
Foxbody King
16,462 Posts
I sold a set once that was boxed wrong, i just swap the water pump pulley out for the guy no need for restocking fee!

but i dont know the whole story on this deal

·
11-05-09
21,427 Posts
whiteboy said:
I sold a set once that was boxed wrong, i just swap the water pump pulley out for the guy no need for restocking fee!

but i dont know the whole story on this deal
It's just shady business. The first set we got from them was completley wrong. It was used, and had 2 wrong pullies out of the 3, missing bolts.

This is the second set. But it's still wrong and they won't return it

·
11-05-09
21,427 Posts
ShelbysCA said:
hmm..I thought the water pump pulley was changed on mid year 01's. Didn't know about '02.

Now that I think about it, you may be right.
The box is marker '99-'02 4.6

·
Foxbody King
16,462 Posts
he should buy from us i dont mess around like that
plus we have %5 off for dfwstangs
not bashing any other shop!!

·
FIRE!
2,028 Posts
whiteboy said:
he should buy from us i dont mess around like that
plus we have %5 off for dfwstangs
not bashing any other shop!!

What shop do you work at whiteboy?

I bought some stuff from Lonestar, Im glad it all worked, they can take their 25% re-stoking fee and shove it. thats real shady, when it's their screw up, Take the matter to the better business beauro (sp?) see if they could help you.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally

I went to lonestar today and finally got the right set of pulleys......I purchased them on 1-5-03 and ever since i've been fighting with them.......They exchanged them once already....they gave me another set, come to find out it was the same as the first....Then I called them and told them that the new set did not fit......then the owner was like "well I gave you two different sets and I don't know what to tell You''.....to make a long story short I went up there and they gave me a different box....this time the box had the right water pump pulley.....Then the owner realized that he had indeed given me the wrong pulley set twice.......Kinda made him look stupid.....and did not get an apology.
Thats the last time I'm going there!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts