DFW Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fear the lawn gnome
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gunna build a motor this up comming year and need some good proven combo's for mid 11's. i was wanting to use the afr 185's and say 100-125 shot. just dont know if i want to use the stock block for this applacation and make it last. 306?331?chp347? btw this is a everyday driver...

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
motor

i have a 331 shortblock for sale, if you are interested. it is fully forged, and built to handle nitrous. all you will need is a main girdle. let me know if you want it. It has an sfi approved balancer, billet steel flywheel, oil pump and pickup. asking 2,000.:)

·
Fear the lawn gnome
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i had the money itd be cool. but im looking for the set up so i know what im looking at spending. im gunna try and set away about 2-3g for the shortblock. if it granades in a year oh well.

·
Fear the lawn gnome
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
btw if it matters the car has a tremec 3550 trannie and the 8.8 houses 31 spline moser axles, "some people dont like them but i havnt had any issues with them" aubrun pro diff, fms 373's and all the other goodies. so i know its got a good drive line now it just needs a motor and a little suspension work. car does have kenny brown sub frames as well. i know i migth have to step up to 30# injectors i have 24's now and a 255 intank pump a cobra uper and lower. dont know if i should ditch that and buy something else. and what about the fuel rails? go ahead or not? all i want is daily driven 11's on bottle.

·
The Great One
481 Posts
24lb injectors and a 255 fuel pump with a 100-125 shot of nitrous on a stock block should be fine.. now if you go to a 331 or 347 you might need to goto 30lb injectors but im not positive.

·
YnoT
1,471 Posts
You can easilly go 11's with a stock block as long as its fresh. You allready have a good transmission and rear end. as for the motor, I would go with
Heads- AFR 185 or TFS TW
Intake- Cobra or Edelbrock RPM
Cam- one with close to .500" lift and good set of rockers your best bet will be a nitrous cam
and with the 125 shot you will easilly see 11's
dont forget about the fuel system
190 pump/24 # injectors/aftermarket MAF

·
Fear the lawn gnome
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i ve already got a cobra intake and a pro-m mass with optamizer.

·
TMP sucks *ss!!!
1,714 Posts
With any of the basic heads/intake/cam combos and spray you shouldn't have any problem running those #s.

·
Fear the lawn gnome
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i want to use as little nitrous poss.

·
OLD SCHOOL crew
11,619 Posts
Auburn pro is a road race diff, it will break...ask someone like Forest or Bryan to get another oppinion if you don't believe me.

Stock Fox in good shape, 3.73's, exhaust, pulleys,slicks, 150 shot will go 11's if driven hard and tuned to kill.

With heads and a well thought out combo tuned to kill...I would seriously try to nail high 10's with a 150. I am not saying it is easy, but it is doable. Didn't Blk93Cpe run 11.20's with ported e7's, boltons, and a 150?

·
gettin sideways
4,452 Posts
my setup is in my sig and i am running 10 lbs of boost on a stock 93 block with right under 100,000 miles. i drive it daily and my best et is [email protected] but a friend of mine went [email protected] so with my mph if i could get a good pass down the track it could possibly go 10s. just something to think about

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I'm shooting (praying) for 340-360 rwhp N/A from my new 302. I've got milled AFR 185s and an Ed Curtis custom cam on the way. People have run 11s with less power than that in a Fox body, so you should have no problem doing that with some spray. I've gone 11.7/116 before with some old iron TFS heads and a NOS 150 shot (same as NX 50 shot :rolleyes: ).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts