DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will I have a valve to piston clearance problem if I install an E-cam
on stock heads w/ 1:7's? the stock upper has been (home port matched and the throtle opening matched to a 65mm tb.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.:D

·
4 STAGES BIG N' DRY
6,805 Posts
It depends on your push rod length,and your decking on your block and heads. If the heads or block have been decked before you might have to barely notch the piston. But good springs are a must!
Do this, take a sharpie marker and color the tip of the # 1 Intake and exhaust valves black. Install your pushrods,and rockers then adjust. Turn the block over a few revolutions, and then remove the rockers. There should be a tiny shiny line going across the tip of the valve in the middle. If it is at the top of the valve stem It needs a shim or longer push rod. If it is at the bottom of the valve it needs a shorter pushrod or notch the piston. This is one of the easiest ways to establish if the valve train geometry is correct without a micrometer or adjustible push rod.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stock heads 1.7's and e cam and mine are fine.

So you are running this set up right now with no problems?
I have talked to some shops here in town and they told me that the increased lift would cause an interferance prob. What gives?
I would like to know if indeed someone is running this set up right now and has no problems with it.

Thanks alot for your help:p

·
Registered
348 Posts
stanger66 said:
Stock heads 1.7's and e cam and mine are fine.

So you are running this set up right now with no problems?
I have talked to some shops here in town and they told me that the increased lift would cause an interferance prob. What gives?
I would like to know if indeed someone is running this set up right now and has no problems with it.

Thanks alot for your help:p
I ran that setup for a year with no problems but I upgraded the valve springs when I put the cam and rockers on. Used some Crane springs good for up to 600 lift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.