DFW 'Stang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Large Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else hate the 05 mustangs. I think they look like shit. When they first came out I said they might grow on me, but still nothing!

Im not trying to hate on people who have them. Whatever blows your skirt up. I just dont like them and almost everyone I know loves them???

·
Texas Gumballer
2,257 Posts
Give it time....like drive one i guess maybe you would change your mind.
i had a chance to drive one and it drives alot different.
i like it, buy dont love it

david

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I like them. I hated them at first, but, yeah, they grew on me. I didn't think that they would. They look alright. I still love the SN95's, though. :D

·
M0DERAT0R
19,655 Posts
I think they look great. I'd prefer no spoiler or a '03/'04 Cobra spoiler instead of the stock one. And get rid of the lights in the grill.

·
Get Some!! Get some!!
3,985 Posts
I must admit I did not like them when they came out, but the more I see them I like em, IMO they could have put more thought into the back end :)

·
DERP DERP DERP
36,645 Posts
I don't really like them much either, I haven't actually even seen one I've really liked. I think if someone took the side skirts off, maybe that'd help, it just doesn't look right to me.

·
Mrs. Lariviere
1,616 Posts
i agree with you *pats you on the back*

They aren't very attractive. I love the front end, but the back is terrible..it just falls off..it has noassitol syndrome. I'm not sure about the euro look on the inside either..... :confused:

There are elements i like, but i don't think the car as a whole is attractive.

Also, i think its attractiveness is somewhat dependent on what color the body is.

·
Rebuilding
2,802 Posts
I've loved the 05s since the first time I saw one :) I like the grill lights, they MUST have a spoiler of some type and can't wait for the 18x9 wheels in 2006.

·
Registered
748 Posts
yeah, i agree about the lights. I really like the way that Saleen did the foglights, they look good. The back end still hasn't taken hold of me, but I'll give it time. If I did have one though, the first thing would be those c-pillar scoops or louvres, I hate the way that window looks.

·
Bitter Italian
6,101 Posts
I like em just fine. Got to drive a friends and it was bad ass.

I love all the people bitching about how ugly and what a pos the 05 is then you see what they have.

·
lol, this place sucks now
13,422 Posts
I like the interior... a lot, the grill lights are fine. It's just something about the rocker panel area/fenders/deck lid that make it look tall and skinny, and that's what kills it for me.

I've always thought 'retro' was a cop out when it comes to automobile styling, it makes me think that designers have run out of original ideas

·
Custome Title Goes Here
2,000 Posts
the front looks ok, but needs a front lip or something. the side and the back look boring. i see way too many v6's running around. ive only seen a few gt's and they did sound really good, but the looks just arent growing on me. and i'd rather have any other model saleen then the new one.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
The 05 are awesome. I really liked the first one I saw....(05 Black with red interior..) :cool: Since then I have been hooked to the point were I am thinking about trading in the 01 True Blue to get one....

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Sad thing is, the V6 looks better than the GT. :eek:

No fog lights
Different front fascia, reminiscent of the '67-68 nose
No rocker covers
No tacky rear spoiler which completely kills the looks of the car
Cool Halibrand-style wheels

Just take the tape rocker stripe off, bump the wheels up to 18" and put the 300-horse drivetrain in it and you're good to go.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts