DFW Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
The current IRS from Ferd seems to be alot better than the 99 and 01 IRS. Not too many people have been breaking them like they used be.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
1999 cobra IRS sucks at the track. 2000 Cobra R was a lot better but still broke at the track. The 2001 Cobra (the year before the 03) was only marginally better than the 1999 Cobra. The '03 has been the best made... but still breaks. I've heard of 7 people that have twisted them up. It should fit in a fox just like the 99/01 did.

In order from worse to descent.
00 R

·
Registered
655 Posts
lol

·
The Janitor
15,927 Posts
Leif said:
1999 cobra IRS sucks at the drag strip. 2000 Cobra R was a lot better but still broke at the track. The 2001 Cobra (the year before the 03) was only marginally better than the 1999 Cobra. The '03 has been the best made... but still breaks. I've heard of 7 people that have twisted them up. It should fit in a fox just like the 99/01 did.

In order from worse to descent.
00 R

edited for you :)

If you want a well riding/handling car, get an IRS from Kenny Brown. Live axles are nice, but there is no way you can get one to perform as well as a GOOD IRS. I hate how people compare complete built live axles with 5-links to stock IRS`s. If you are going to do that, then compare it to a tubular IRS with the works also.

·
Registered
757 Posts
if your drag racing the car, then the solid axle is a ton better. if your road racing or autocrossing, then irs is better. both have thier advantages and disadvantages. decide what you want to do with the car, and go that route.i used to autocross and open track my 95, but now, drag is my thing. make a choise and stick with it, however, a live axle can easily perform over 1g of cornering with the right parts, and its already in your car. you decide.

stroker95

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.