DFW Mustang Forums banner

Wow! I've received a lot of requests for this...

8K views 138 replies 26 participants last post by  Phillystang 
#1 ·
Since the PM's have been getting sent out, I've had a rather large influx in the requests to hear my take on what is going on with the world, where I think it's headed and how it ties into my personal relationship with God. Now, I've never been one to force my beliefs on anyone, but if asked, I'd be more than happy to share. I started sending these thoughts to people who PM me or just openly ask on the board. I know, to most, that I'm nothing more than a quack-job, tin foil hat, gun-toting, ultra conservative Christian, but there are some that look at what I say with an open mind and can constructively add their input or critique, which is more than welcome. So now, I offer to this public message board (because of popular demand) a brief summary of these issues. I'll put some of the questions I've received in quotes to let you better understand why I'm saying what I say.

Why do you feel the need to stockpile weapons, supplies, etc. like it's the end of the world?
My beliefs are based from what the Bible tells me. There will come a time when I, as a believer, will not be able to exchange in trade. I’m sure by that time, I’ll have something figured, but for now the stockpile will have to do. Preparations need to be made for maintaining suitable living in the absence of an established government and its resources (ie: emergency responders, etc.).

Why do you think these things will be happening now or in the near future?
You see, all my life, I've been in a Christian environment. Not really the 100% believing, though I thought I was at the time. In just about the last 10 years or so, I started really finding meaning to this world (other than my own existence). I got to reading the Bible. Not just reading along with some study group, but in depth reading, stopping and going back over it again until I fully understood what the message was before I continued. Anyway, it brought to light, in the prophetic side, many signs of things to come and what to look for. Being a typical mortal man, it's always easier to see than just believe, so I actually spent countless hours looking for anything, not no avail. OK, fine. So maybe now isn't the right time. With recent global developments, however, it's like reading the pages straight out of Revelations.

Over the last 2000 years, all the Bible prophecies have been getting bashed because there was no longer a State of Israel. Well, since 1948, there has been. Nobody even imagined that Israel would even become a nation again since they were torn apart in 70AD. Where else has a nation formed, almost overnight, mind you, and after 1900 years? Pretty amazing within itself. Anyway, the Book of Daniel talks about the Last Days starting with man's intelligence overwhelmingly going beyond grasp. Look at just the last 100 years. We were pulling wagons with horses to this! I can get online with my wife and kids from 12,000 miles away and talk video to video. It also talked about rapid transit. I can make it home in less than 16 hours, if needed. Look at the internet. Anyone can answer almost any question by looking it up. Knowledge is almost immeasurable. The prophesy about a one world government and one world currency has been made easily believable by organizations like the UN and currency such as the dollar and Euro. The resentment of ethics and morals are widely accepted. Biblical scholars have always believed that the Antichrist will be coming from northwest of Israel, which it kind of mentions in Revelations. He's going to be distinguished, well presentable, trusted by many, and deceiving. Sounds like the rise of Vladimir Putin to me. A one world religion? Well, high ranking bishops are already accepting Allah as an alternate name for God. Global Warming? Nope, but look at how many massive natural disasters have wrecked millions in one swoop. Earthquakes are plentiful lately, Katrina, the tsunami, etc.

So, back to Israel...

By following the Bible, it states that the whole world will eventually be centered around Jerusalem, which again never seemed like a possibility until about the last 50 years or so. But now you have to look at the fact that Jerusalem is the focal point for the three major monotheistic religions (Christianity, Judaism and Islam). All three key in on the place that currently houses "The Dome on the Rock." Originally, this is the location that God sent Abraham to sacrifice his son, Isaac (Muslims believe it was his other son, Ishmael). Right here, this is the splitting point between the Christians/Jews and the Muslims since this is the spot where God intervened and blessed both Abraham and the son who would go on to lead His people. This is also the spot that the Jewish people were instructed by God (years after Abraham and Isaac) to build their Temple. This is the time when Moses led the Jews from Egypt. He gave explicit instructions on the location and the design. Throughout the years, the Temple had been attacked, torn down, and rebuilt.

Then we fast forward ahead to 70 AD. The Jews are once again run out of the land. The Temple was destroyed, and they weren't to be seen there until 1948. Now, going back to Ishmael's lineage, Abraham sent Ishmael and his mother, Hagar (Abraham's concubine) away because Isaac's mother, Sara (Abraham's real wife) wanted them dead, but God told Abraham to just send them away and not to worry because He will bless Ishmael to have many offspring and grow into many nations as well. Ishmael did not, however, receive the blessing of being God's chosen people. Now from Ishmael's lineage, of course, came Islam. It basically started from the teachings of the prophet Muhammad around 700AD. It's teachings, as well as Christian/Judaic teachings focus around God's personal relationship with Abraham. So this is why the Muslims built The Dome on the Rock because that is where they believe Ishmael got the blessing. It was built years after the Jews were driven from the land for the last time.

Now, back to Christianity. Christ came to be the Savior/Messiah for the Jews. At the time of His arrival, the Jewish people were still in the land, but under heavy Roman oppression. Literally occupied and running their land. The Jews thought that Jesus was going to be sent to save them, just them and from their immediate threats. They never looked at the big picture of "saved" and they didn't realize He was there for the whole world. Jesus, after His death and resurrection, spoke to one of His Disciples, to write the Revelation of Jesus Christ, years after Christ left this world. In this Revelation, Jesus tells His Disciple that one of the major occurrences is that the Temple in Jerusalem will be once again constructed in the same location. This is also where the Antichrist will declare himself to be god.

As of now, The Dome on the Rock still stands in the location of the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem. This posses a major issue for completing the prophecies. I do know, for a fact, that there are underground groups of people who are planning to construct the Temple... soon. This effort will cause Armageddon, which is also specified in Revelation, and just outside Jerusalem.

In the Bible (Old Testament with Moses), God commands that anyone who supports Israel will be supported. Anyone who blesses Israel will be blessed. Anyone who opposes Israel will face His consequences. He wasn't only talking about then.

Also, the second coming of Jesus (Last Days), He will bring in a New Jerusalem and creating a new earth, basically making Heaven on earth.

Don’t you believe in the Rapture? Since the Bible says all Christians will be called up, wouldn’t you fit in that crowd?
Absolutely! Anyone who accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, believes that He died for their sins and was resurrected, will also fall into that category. The Bible does not, however, give a specific point at which such Rapture will occur. This is one of those situations that if I’m right, yippee for me. If I’m wrong, well, I just end up with a bunch of extra crap and lost time in preparation. Big deal. I think life won’t be worth the paper I wipe my ass on if all of this is bullshit.

Here comes the fucked up part. Remember when I said that part of what I believe lies with supporting Israel? Well, at the moment, we, as a country do. But what if our allegiance with Israel breaks? My basic priorities in life are : God, country, family… in that order. I guess you know where that leads. I’m about as patriotic as it gets, but once my country’s pledge to assist Israel ends, I’m not sure I’ll be part of this country. I hope it never comes to that, but in light of recent events over the last decade, I truly believe ANYTHING is possible.

See less See more
#2 ·
By the way... Barak Obama is exactly the type of person that the Antichrist would want elected to this country. None of these "End Times" events could be as easily attainable as they are today because of our strong, conservative history. These days, liberalism and the lack of morals that this country once instilled, are paving the way for the AC's easy entrance.

#3 ·
good stuff denny. i believe as christians we should be prepared. not only be prepared physically but spiritually and emotionally. through my studies, i see that it can either turn upside down or it will not, i think perhaps more along the latter, although the ones looking and waiting for it would notice. but unfortunately, i believe alot of christians will be suprised in/on the day. not because i believe a rapture is going to take place 7 yrs prior or anything (kind of defeats the purpose and the "behold i come as a thief" found in revelation 15:16 but because the complacency of many and the wrong messages being preached by more. also, whatever will be implemented will be done so in small doses over a span of time in order to not throw red flags to the general populace because as we know "if it were possible, even the elect will be deceived" i think much of what is propagated by christians as a whole is dangerous.. not for the world, but for them.. it kind of "take heed that no one deceives you" and throws it out of the door.

imagine the scenario of the rapture taking place and the believing are gone.. and the great tribulation is upon the world.

now
imagine the scenario that the great tribulation is upon the world and all the christians that thought they would not be here.... are.

which one of the two is more subtle, and more dangerous?

#4 ·
Denny said:
As of now, The Dome on the Rock still stands in the location of the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem. This posses a major issue for completing the prophecies. I do know, for a fact, that there are underground groups of people who are planning to construct the Temple... soon. This effort will cause Armageddon, which is also specified in Revelation, and just outside Jerusalem.
Can you explain this a little more? How do you know for a fact that underground groups are planning to reconstruct the temple? Any evidence?

#5 ·
Absolutely! Anyone who accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, believes that He died for their sins and was resurrected, will also fall into that category. The Bible does not, however, give a specific point at which such Rapture will occur. This is one of those situations that if I’m right, yippee for me. If I’m wrong, well, I just end up with a bunch of extra crap and lost time in preparation. Big deal. I think life won’t be worth the paper I wipe my ass on if all of this is bullshit.

Here comes the fucked up part. Remember when I said that part of what I believe lies with supporting Israel? Well, at the moment, we, as a country do. But what if our allegiance with Israel breaks? My basic priorities in life are : God, country, family… in that order. I guess you know where that leads. I’m about as patriotic as it gets, but once my country’s pledge to assist Israel ends, I’m not sure I’ll be part of this country. I hope it never comes to that, but in light of recent events over the last decade, I truly believe ANYTHING is possible.[/QUOTE]

it does actually give a time when it will occur, through study of similar scripture it makes it very clear. the resurrection preceeds the rapture... and the resurrection occurs on the "last day" (see the book of john and the raising of lazurus, the discourse of jesus and marry/martha just before. there are several other texts that show the last day aswell. in either the book of john or the epistles of john. along with all of the other scriptures that give a timeline when looked side by side.

#6 ·
Bobba Fett said:
Can you explain this a little more? How do you know for a fact that underground groups are planning to reconstruct the temple? Any evidence?
Heh... nah, I'll leave it at that right now. It's more a believe it or not kinda thing. OPSEC is part of the plan. I'm in no way involved in any plans, but I won't be part of their interference.

#7 ·
Bobba Fett said:
i may be wrong but they are called the "temple mount faithfull" and are in jerusalem. also, they have already prepared all of the ceremonial things in preperation of the construction of the temple. such as the priests garments, the breast plate of the highpriest and everything. they had an exhibit in dallas several years ago (6 or 7 maybe) so everything is prepared except for the building itself.

(them finding a pure red heifer is still up in the air though i believe)

#8 ·
svtaaron said:
good stuff denny. i believe as christians we should be prepared. not only be prepared physically but spiritually and emotionally. through my studies, i see that it can either turn upside down or it will not, i think perhaps more along the latter, although the ones looking and waiting for it would notice. but unfortunately, i believe alot of christians will be suprised in/on the day. not because i believe a rapture is going to take place 7 yrs prior or anything (kind of defeats the purpose and the "behold i come as a thief" found in revelation 15:16 but because the complacency of many and the wrong messages being preached by more. also, whatever will be implemented will be done so in small doses over a span of time in order to not throw red flags to the general populace because as we know "if it were possible, even the elect will be deceived" i think much of what is propagated by christians as a whole is dangerous.. not for the world, but for them.. it kind of "take heed that no one deceives you" and throws it out of the door.

imagine the scenario of the rapture taking place and the believing are gone.. and the great tribulation is upon the world.

now
imagine the scenario that the great tribulation is upon the world and all the christians that thought they would not be here.... are.

Right. This is more of a presentation to those outside the faith to see where someone like me is coming from. I'd invite others to share their views as well. Maybe things might start clicking for others.

I try to imagine those scenarios either way and end up with problems of various kinds.

#9 ·
svtaaron said:

now

Exactly right, and this also falls into line with the "great falling away" as we go further along in history, we see that each successive generation has less and less believers in it. There will be many that say "The hour is upon you" and Christians will be looking to the heavens wondering where their God is that they were taught in church would come to take them away. What will this do to their faith when the other side is blinding them with riches, peace, and temptaions. Now,....I hope that I am wrong, and I would love a pre trib trip, but I see no evidence to support it. Many say, "But we are not destined for wrath!" That is true....wrath from eternal hell, ..we have been saved from that. I always think of the disciples. They walked side by side with Jesus and even they weren't spared terrible deaths in all but one of their walks.

#10 ·
svtaaron said:
it does actually give a time when it will occur, through study of similar scripture it makes it very clear. the resurrection preceeds the rapture... and the resurrection occurs on the "last day" (see the book of john and the raising of lazurus, the discourse of jesus and marry/martha just before. there are several other texts that show the last day aswell. in either the book of john or the epistles of john. along with all of the other scriptures that give a timeline when looked side by side.
Ya, but I'm talking about preparation for the Tribulation.

#11 ·
flashstang04 said:
Exactly right, and this also falls into line with the "great falling away" as we go further along in history, we see that each successive generation has less and less believers in it. There will be many that say "The hour is upon you" and Christians will be looking to the heavens wondering where their God is that they were taught in church would come to take them away. What will this do to their faith when the other side is blinding them with riches, peace, and temptaions. Now,....I hope that I am wrong, and I would love a pre trib trip, but I see no evidence to support it. Many say, "But we are not destined for wrath!" That is true....wrath from eternal hell, ..we have been saved from that. I always think of the disciples. They walked side by side with Jesus and even they weren't spared terrible deaths in all but one of their walks.
when christains bring up that we arent destined for wrath, i remind them of the desciples aswell... along with the children of israel in the land of goshen during the plagues of egypt.

#12 ·
Denny said:
Ya, but I'm talking about preparation for the Tribulation.
What has always kind of boggled me is this:

Is preparing with food, etc. a display of NOT having faith? God is our provider in all things, no? Why would we then need to prepare. OR, does he give us the common sense to prepare so that we can do it ahead of time....?

#13 ·
flashstang04 said:
What has always kind of boggled me is this:

Is preparing with food, etc. a display of NOT having faith? God is our provider in all things, no? Why would we then need to prepare. OR, does he give us the common sense to prepare so that we can do it ahead of time....?
My take on it is that He gave us advanced notice of things to come for a reason. I would think not preparing and knowing what lies ahead is neglect on our part.

#14 · (Edited)
Denny, you know I firmly respect your beliefs as well as others, but I am intrigued to know how you take into account for all the religions before the big 3 that had similar messages. I feel the messages of end times were put forth in order to conserve the religion of the time. As I have read about other religions there seems to be a lot of repetitive warnings of the other religions sending you down the wrong path.

How do the earlier religions play into all of this? Where di their message come from?

FWIW, I still ponder the thought of my natural existence and all religions combined coming from the same source.

EDIT: These questions could be answered by anyone, as there are a lot of people here that are more informed on religion than me.

#15 ·
Muffrazr said:
Denny, you know I firmly respect your beliefs as well as others, but I am intrigued to know how you take into account for all the religions before the big 3 that had similar messages. I feel the messages of end times were put forth in order to conserve the religion of the time. As I have read about other religions there seems to be a lot of repetitive warnings of the other religions sending you down the wrong path.

How do the earlier religions play into all of this? Where di their message come from?

FWIW, I still ponder the thought of my natural existence and all religions combined coming from the same source.
The Big 3 monotheolistic religions obviously had a unifying source, which is why their messages are similar. As far as End Times messages of other religions, my faith leads me to side biasedly to the Message given to me. All others seem pretty bleak and vague, thankfully.

But if it's any consolation, I had the same outlook on even the Christian Message for most of my life. Your preoccupation is exactly where I was prior to fully understanding His message. Good luck in your efforts.

#16 ·
My efforts aren't exactly focused on figuring out the answers to religion at this point in my life. I did that for a while and came to the conclusion I'm at now. I understand the importance of religion, which is why I will continue to respect the beliefs of others. I guess I just felt the need to ask after reading your post. Good luck with your efforts as well.

#17 ·
Muffrazr said:

EDIT: These questions could be answered by anyone, as there are a lot of people here that are more informed on religion than me.

Not to derail this and this is all I will say on it in this thread, but all other religions require man to connect to God, through works, deeds, or actions. Christianity is the only one that offers a solution that is FROM God, and does not require anything other than one to sincerely accept it. We cannot in and of our own devices reconcile our sin nature, by works, or anything. It has to come from the Source.

#18 ·
I need to get my end of the world preperation kit started.

I know there has been some debate as to the rapture. I'd always assumed that once the trumpets started, we were out of here! But IHOP out of KC had a teaching saying that may not be the case.

#19 ·
Muffrazr said:

Judaism, Islam, and Christianity all have a common thread in the patriarch Abraham. Whether one chooses to accept Christianity or not is up to the individual, however all will have the chance to do so at the the time of the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, regardless of their current religion or lack thereof.

#20 ·
Mr Majestyk said:
Judaism, Islam, and Christianity all have a common thread in the patriarch Abraham. Whether one chooses to accept Christianity or not is up to the individual, however all will have the chance to do so at the the time of the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, regardless of their current religion or lack thereof.

That's good. I'll stay behind you guys and ward off evil while ya'll break for Heaven. Then I'll be worthy to share your Glory.

#21 ·
Couple of points to add to denny's remarks.

One world religion - already underway thanks to the fine people at the UN - the "united religions initiative" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Religions_Initiative. The idea is that since "religion causes all of the major conflict in the world" then if you force everyone to have the same religion then conflicts go away. It also ties into one world government in that the one world religion and the one world government will be closely tied (the bad pope & the antichrist will have a close working relationship).

As denny pointed out the temple mount presents an issue since there is conflict over it between islam, judiasm, and christianty. The bible speaks of "the confirmation of the covenant" which is apparently a sharing arrangement (ie: think middle east peace accord) for the temple mount that is reached thru diplomacy. In fact, the Jews have already been preparing to rebuild their 3rd temple on the temple mount in anticipation of this agreement being reached, and there have been some other interesting events surrounding this preparation (ie: appearance of a red heifer). Why is this significant? Because the antichrist will stand in the 3rd temple and claim to be god (the abomination of desolation), setting off the events that will shortly lead to endtime events such as the great tribulation and eventually armageddon. Thus, a 3rd temple has to exist.

I'm writing this off of the top of my head, hopefully I got it right.

#22 ·
de·lu·sion Audio Help /dɪˈluʒən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[di-loo-zhuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. an act or instance of deluding.
2. the state of being deluded.
3. a false belief or opinion: delusions of grandeur.
4. Psychiatry. a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact: a paranoid delusion.

#23 ·
Zarathustra said:
de·lu·sion Audio Help /dɪˈluʒən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[di-loo-zhuhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. an act or instance of deluding.
2. the state of being deluded.
3. a false belief or opinion: delusions of grandeur.
4. Psychiatry. a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact: a paranoid delusion.
Why the constant fixation on posts in the theology corner? You would be surprised to find out who is really under the delusion here.

see 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12

#25 ·
Phillystang said:
Why the constant fixation on posts in the theology corner? You would be surprised to find out who is really under the delusion here.

see 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
I'm good.

You would be too, pal.

I don't mean to ruffle anyones feathers, or incite a verbal riot.

But there are 2 sides to every corporate coin..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.