DFW Mustang Forums banner

Hotel FYI...

503 views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Geor! 
#1 ·
Since I'm in the hotel business, I thought I would give you a heads up regarding Priceline/Orbitz/Howtire/any other 3rd party reservation booking system.

Here is the deal:

YOU ARE NOT GUARANTEED FOR SHIT.

Especially on a sold out night.

Well, you are guaranteed a room, but you are not guaranteed anything past that, including a bed. Hotels do not give a shit about what your preference is, or what you would like; if you're paying a third of the standard rate you're going to get shafted by the hotel with whatever room they have available on a sold out or OVERSOLD night. Many people do not understand that hotels and airlines oversell by as much as 15% expecting a wash and people not to show up.

P.S. - I hate my job and I think this business practice is despicable.

#2 ·
Well fuuuuuuuuuck yooooooou too!

#6 ·
There was never any argument with that fact.

I'd rather be working back at Blockbuster.
Weird, cuz I'd rather be out on the streets sucking dick for crack than working for that piece of shit company!

#14 ·
It's not a surprise to me, I'm the one that has to tell the poor (literally) bastards that they are sleeping in a rollaway in a parlor room, but the sheer fact that people are flabbergasted that they paid 69 dollars for a hotel that usually sells at 269 dollars and they have to sleep in a parlor room less than amuses me. I didn't book this room for you, you did, and in this business you get what you pay for.

#9 ·
#20 ·
Yeah, I was fucked up last night. Sending broads fucked up messages and shit. Only one of the 5 has even acknowledged my existence today!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.