DFW Mustang Forums banner

workout questions...

321 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Big A 
#1 ·
wow i didnt know there was a whole subboard here about this
itll help hopefully..:D
to the question
i want to get a little toner and a little bigger also, i have time and gym to work out at but what are the right workouts to do how often and etc..i am also considering going on a more stricter diet etc..but what advice ya got for me!
like im 6'2 about 160 i wanna get to bout 175 or so im just to damn skinny:mad: and tired of it

#3 ·
If you are "skinny" like that with no working out you will need to increase your intake of calories and protein. you could probably just add some protein shakes to your regular daily eating schedule. MAybe one between breakfast and lunch and one between lunch and supper, then one immediately after you work out assuming that you will be working out in the evening.

Do you do any sort of physical activity at all now?

If you have not been working out then you will want to follow the advice in that thread like KevinH78 said above, then after that you will want to lift with heavier weight and less reps to gain size.

#4 ·
slowguy007 said:
i am also considering going on a more stricter diet etc..
Diet is as important for growth as time in the gym or time at rest, and is usually the more difficult of the three to get right. It sounds like you are a bit ectomorphic, which means that a high-metabolism is what has kept you "skinny". Eat 1.5 to 2 grams of protien per pound of bodyweight each day and keep your carbs plentiful, but complex (oatmeal, grain pasta, yams, etc). In your situation you can afford to cheat a little more than most, but the cleaner your diet is, the better results you will see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.