DFW Mustang Forums banner

Crossfit

2K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  TEUFEL 
#1 ·
Anyone else doing it, I've been crossfitting for about two weeks and I already notice things Like running getting much easier.

#5 ·
i went to the frisco location last week for the first time. i've got a few friends that have been doign it for like 4 months now.

i have a hard time swallowing the cost of it. $150 for unlimited or $100 for 2 days a week...

all it is to me is high school calisthenics. same shit i did when i was 18. wind sprints, jumping boxes, etc. the group support system is nice...

i'm going to a part time income in august and dont think i can afford it though :(

#7 ·
Crossfit is good stuff. I teach it.

Level I and Crossfit Football out in Keller.

Sure it is expensive but when you look at what you are getting it makes more sense. personalized training with proven results. Great to supplement sport specific conditioning or overall fitness.

Frog™

Karen

#8 ·
I'm totally drinking the Kool-Aide! I love it! I've been at it for almost two years (with a couple of 3 month breaks due to some herniated disks that flare up from time to time) I'm finally getting to where I want to be. I'm at the Rx-ed weight on most workouts now. For me, that's a huge accomplishment, since I started out as an overweight, out-of-shape 37 yr old desk jockey.

My coach approached me the other day and asked if I wanted to become a trainer, so, we're working out the logistics on that and trying to schedule the Level I cert. now.

#10 ·
been doing it since April 1st. love it! lost 35lbs since then and really starting to lean out alot. 1st month was the hardest cause of flexiblity and endurance. was just showing up to Bally's lifting weight's and logging for the past 6 years before. know I could never go back into a normal gym "sitting" in a chair and lift weights working one body part at a time. Crossfit is way more athletic and will really test your strength and endurance.

#16 ·
Crossfit is good stuff. I work allot of their routines into my workouts. Youtube is a good source for crossfit routines. My personal favorite is squats/military with dumbells.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.