DFW Mustang Forums banner

Usenetserver.com special

823 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  8mpg 
#1 ·
If you guys dont use newsgroups to download, you are missing out big time. Usenetserver.com is running a special. This will max out most of your home connections. I download at 3.05mB/s..it rocks. $10/month...its usually $14. Also has a 14 day trial if you dont like it you can cancel. Also, you can do a $95/yr if you want.

https://accounts.usenetserver.com/special/

If you dont mind, use me as a referral. My member number is: 216379

And for the current guys, all you have to do to change over to the much cheaper plan is: "send an email to support@usenetserver.com. In this email please include your username, last 4 digits of the credit card on file, the plan you wish to change to, and whether you like it to auto-renew or not."

#3 ·
3mB/s actual download speed at HOME isnt fast? Dunno what super internet service you have. Fios has been the fastest internet I have seen. We are not talking connection speeds...but actual downloads. 3123kB/s is pretty fast. I used to be thrilled about 500kB/s on torrents

#11 ·
It wont... Limewire and the rest go to shit because they are free. When you gotta pay, people are a little more serious. Besides, newsgroups are much more secure
Usenet is, and always has been, free to those who know how to access it. There are several methods of accessing the groups though, and you can certainly choose to pay if you want to. Personally, I'd rather hack a known server than ever pay for access. And how do you figure they are more secure? It's still a repository of files that can be uploaded to by anyone. There are just as many bad files on the newgroups as there are on any torrent or limewire.

#13 ·
I see much much less bad files on usenet than on limewire and torrents. Public trackers for torrents just suck. The stuff I download (you learn good release groups) I never have problems with

I used newsgroups for years and years. Then ISPs starting whacking them and providers put download caps on them while you were having to pay for them. F' that, torrents now.

For non binary stuff, I think newsgroups still have a place but in general it bores me now.
Dunno what ISP is capping newsgroups... seems like these days people like Comcast are trying to limit P2P. Companies like ATT and Verizon are no longer offering their own servers for newsgroups...which is fine.

#12 ·
I used newsgroups for years and years. Then ISPs starting whacking them and providers put download caps on them while you were having to pay for them. F' that, torrents now.

For non binary stuff, I think newsgroups still have a place but in general it bores me now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.