DFW Mustang Forums banner

Mossberg 930 Home Security...

642 views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  reo 
#1 ·
So I went up to the gun store today trying to find the girl something to shoot, and came across a Mossberg 930 Home security. Anyone have one or know anything about them. So far the reviews I've looked at show it as a decent shotgun. I know they make the SPX with some added on stuff, but I really don't need the better sights on it and such. In fact, the only thing I would interested in getting off of the SPX is the mag extension. The gun is on consignment for $300, debating on whether to buy it or not. What are ya'lls thoughts on it?

-Eric

#7 ·
I went ahead and picked up the 930 today. Took it straight to the range and found that every now and then it wont eject. Going to go ahead and clean it up and such, see what the deal is. I was told that in some cases you need to use heavier loads in semi autos, and also heard from another that it doesn't matter. Either way, I'm checking into it. Other than that, when it was firing without any problems it was nothing less than awesome. Hopefully maybe its really dirty or something.

-Eric

#8 ·
probably why they sold it.

cheers

#9 ·
Zarathustra said:
probably why they sold it.

cheers

Haha, I thought about that actually, but for $300 I was willing to try it out. Nonetheless, I can get some parts for it or something, who knows. We will see what the cleaning results in.

-Eric

#11 ·
5.0_CJ said:
check the return spring, you can get it an expanding tug or two and see how it does.
I'll check into that. I haven't even really bothered tearing it apart right now, since my fiance is upset I didn't buy her the Weatherby Vanguard in 22-250 she saw today. Told her I'll get that for her next week possibly. If I don't get this shotgun working right I will never here the end of it...

-Eric

#12 ·
reo said:
I'll check into that. I haven't even really bothered tearing it apart right now, since my fiance is upset I didn't buy her the Weatherby Vanguard in 22-250 she saw today. Told her I'll get that for her next week possibly. If I don't get this shotgun working right I will never here the end of it...

-Eric
just bring it to me and I'll fix it if worse comes to worst. Then you can sell it and get her what she wants :)

#13 ·
If this doesn't work out, I may have to do that. What do I need to do to tkae this thing apart and back togther? Is there anything online that will have pictures for the retarded and what not? I've never taken apart a shotgun before so yeah...lol.

-Eric

#15 ·
Well this is kinda upsetting...I got the barrel off and everything and was expecting to find a filthy shotgun, but that is not the case. I need to find out how to get the bolt out, but doubt I will find anything back there now. Not looking good so far. Debating on what I'm going to do next.

-Eric

#18 ·
GTPhreak - Thanks, dunno how I missed that on their website.

GT98SVO - Yeah, that Rem. is pretty sweet, probably should have spent the extra coin for it, but eh...live and learn. I'm going to see if I can get this bastard to work or not, and go from there.

-Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.