1K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  BadCompany V.P WS6 
#1 ·
#2 ·
i dont like puting turtles on my car

#3 ·
Ummm . . . no.

#11 ·
Shoot To Kill said:
Just a question. Sounds plauseable to me, but i could be wrong, what if you used one of those Mothers powerballs or whatever on body wax jobs?
?? arent those things foam?? or they are at least rough ass cloth... all those power balls are made to get out nasty dirt and build up out of hard to reach areas... so they are tougher so they scrub more shit off your wheels and what not. Those things are cool on wheels, not on you paint. if you want somethin for applying/removing wax, go to walmart and get the cheapest random orbit "waxer" or w.e they call it and get some nice Meguires pads to replace the crappy ones that come with the buffer and you'll be fine... alot cheaper than a powerball anyways... if you want to do swirl removal, save up some money and call Nick :)

#13 ·
NeedleSharp said:
... if you want to do swirl removal, save up some money and call Nick :)
For me to save that much money, i would probably have to save for about a year. my job is terrible.

I would love a job in an automotive shop. No experience, but i'd love to learn...anyone?

#14 ·
The Stevinator said:
yeah, meguires stuff is the best, hands down. get you a low rpm buffer (not some high speed sander or anything crazy) and just wax on wax off that and some clay bar ought to get that oxidation taken care of.
If you want to go OTC, to clear up oxidation and put a nice coat of protection on it, I'd go with Meguiar's ColorX and Meguiars NXT. Only thing I'm not huge about NXT is the fact that it gives it more of a plasticy look. It's glossy, though.. if you are down to wait a few extra days, I'd recommend Natty's Blue wax (http://www.poorboysworld.com/natty-blue.htm). It's not avail OTC but it's worth the couple day wait. Clay-bar will not clear up oxidation, but sets the stage for a perfect finish (removes all the bonded stuff... makes it feel new)

#15 ·
Shoot To Kill said:
Well i would agree with the soap and water, but when you are washing your car in your garage at midnight...works pretty good.

The only bad thing about soap and water...WATER SPOTS. i hate those.

You are not washing the car correctly then. Be sure to touch EVERY area of the vehicle and after rinsing the car, take the nozzle off and let it run down the car. This will sheet off most of the water and not leave water spots.

#16 ·
Shoot To Kill said:
Just a question. Sounds plauseable to me, but i could be wrong, what if you used one of those Mothers powerballs or whatever on body wax jobs?

Not no, but hell no.

#17 ·
The Stevinator said:
some clay bar ought to get that oxidation taken care of.
Not likely. You will need a good rubbing compound depending on the extent of the oxidation along with a good Swirl cutter.

#18 ·
NeedleSharp said:
?? arent those things foam?? or they are at least rough ass cloth... all those power balls are made to get out nasty dirt and build up out of hard to reach areas... so they are tougher so they scrub more shit off your wheels and what not. Those things are cool on wheels, not on you paint. if you want somethin for applying/removing wax, go to walmart and get the cheapest random orbit "waxer" or w.e they call it and get some nice Meguires pads to replace the crappy ones that come with the buffer and you'll be fine... alot cheaper than a powerball anyways... if you want to do swirl removal, save up some money and call Nick :)
I wouldn't even recommend something like that. Just get a PC 7224 and be done with it. ;)

#19 ·
BadCompany V.P WS6 said:
I wouldn't even recommend something like that. Just get a PC 7224 and be done with it. ;)
give me $300 for it and i'll give you $30 for walmart and you got a deal :D

#20 ·
NeedleSharp said:
give me $300 for it and i'll give you $30 for walmart and you got a deal :D

:rolleyes: Tropi-care.com and buy their kit. I belive it is $150-ish or so. You'll thank me later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.