DFW Mustang Forums banner

VA Tech versus Texas in the recent past

558 views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Pro Trash 
#1 ·
When was the last time UT saw a National Title game, it was just 1999 for Beamer and company. His record since taking over Tech in 1987 is 116-68-2.

#2 ·
Pro Trash said:
When was the last time UT saw a National Title game, it was just 1999 for Beamer and company. His record since taking over Tech in 1987 is 116-68-2.
Well, considering we had one of those NC contenders beating us each year and consequently blocking any chance at an entrance...I don't see how they are comparable on that level.

Anyway, if this is a response to Hook'Em's thread...I figured he was speaking in reference to this season?

#3 ·
You know how aggy likes to keep the delorean ready to fire up at a moment's notice.....

exlude said:
Well, considering we had one of those NC contenders beating us each year and consequently blocking any chance at an entrance...I don't see how they are comparable on that level.

Anyway, if this is a response to Hook'Em's thread...I figured he was speaking in reference to this season?

#4 ·
Pro Trash said:
Pretty weak arguement...

Teams have great years... programs have great legacies...

Bob Stoops and Mack Brown have 2 of the top 3 winning percentages since the BCS inception. They are both great coaches with great programs.

They also play in the same division of the same conference. Whoever wins that games has had the inside shot at the title game in the past 5/6 years.

UT has lost those games....

However if you want stats...

Mack Brown since coming to UT 77-19

#5 ·
Pro Trash said:
Even though I was defending VT in the other thread, this thread makes no sense. It's pretty easy going undefeated in the Big East w/ Miami being the only decent team you play all season and you have one of the best quarterbacks in recent college football history.

David, which Aggie moral victory is this one? :confused:

#8 ·
Pro Trash said:

Whats your point? Is the ending of your post supposed to read....

"and so thats why VaTech should be ranked above Texas"? :rolleyes:

And once again, hes calling us "UT"! I think hes slowly walking towards the light boys! [sheds a tear]

#9 ·
gonzo'syellow4.6 said:
dont think anyone on this board is old enough to have seen that
1939, the only NC of any kind for aggy.

#12 ·
ZYouL8R said:
Even though I was defending VT in the other thread, this thread makes no sense. It's pretty easy going undefeated in the Big East w/ Miami being the only decent team you play all season and you have one of the best quarterbacks in recent college football history.

David, which Aggie moral victory is this one? :confused:
I grew up 40 miles from Tech there hero and wore the Tech gear as a kid, several family members to include, Dad, sister, brother, sister-in-law and cousins etc are Tech grads. This isn't a moral victory if needed I can scan a highschool pic from the 80's with me sporting the Va Tech gear, LOL.

#15 ·
Vertnut said:
I do love how PT is talking about the 'Horns record. Can't defend the Ags, so just snipe... ;) When is the last time the Ags won a National Title?
See above: The school's one and only NCAA title of any kind was a shared football title in 1939.

#16 ·
Boss Hogg said:
Pro Trash, can you please decide on which bandwagon you will ride on this year?

You've jumped from A&M, to Ohio State, back to A&M, to OU, to Texas Tech, and now Va Tech. :rolleyes:
Well it isn't a matter a band wagon see avatar for assistance. I am an Aggie no doubt I also would like to see the other school in Austin take a hit. Why do you ask, because I can and that is my choice. As for Ohio State I simply wanted them to beat Texas, really hoped OU would knock them off and then had a small prayer in for T-Tech to bring it. Well it seems that no one on tu's schedule seems able to stop them. I don't agree that Va Tech or USC don't deserve to be in the hunt or are over rated. Also I have been a Va Tech fan my whole life the only time I haven't pulled for them is when they play A&M. Then my in family rivalry takes over and my brother and Dad give me a bunch of shit. So best definition is I like Texas A&M and anyone who might be able to beat tu :D

#17 ·
HookEm said:
See above: The school's one and only NCAA title of any kind was a shared football title in 1939.
Hookem let me put this into laymans terms. I was told in a no-non-sense fashion by Jose to not post on your threads and that you were to not post on mine. I have no time to be banned again because you get angry or get your feelings hurt. Please just refrain from replying to anything I write on here as I will do the same for you. This means stay off of my respective threads that I start and I will not post on yours. It is a fact that you and I have an issue that you took in front of a moderator and it was settled, let it go. Thank you

#18 ·
Pro Trash said:
Hookem let me put this into laymans terms. I was told in a no-non-sense fashion by Jose to not post on your threads and that you were to not post on mine. I have no time to be banned again because you get angry or get your feelings hurt. Please just refrain from replying to anything I write on here as I will do the same for you. This means stay off of my respective threads that I start and I will not post on yours. It is a fact that you and I have an issue that you took in front of a moderator and it was settled, let it go. Thank you
Were you in the Corps.?

#19 ·
Pro Trash said:
As for Ohio State I simply wanted them to beat Texas, really hoped OU would knock them off and then had a small prayer in for T-Tech to bring it.
Small prayer? Is that what that was?

Pro Trash said:
If they survive T-Tech which I wonder right now between the Tech deep depth offensive and hard ass hitting defense this will be a hard one and I favor Tech in this one.
:D

#20 ·
You mean you boys couldn't settle your differences on your own? I've always felt this was all in good fun (at least to me!). You boys must have carried it a little too far? You and Hook 'em's threads just won't be the same without each other on there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.