DFW Mustang Forums banner

Evangelism 101

370 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TexasDevilDog 
#1 ·
What is the best way to spread the message?

I noticed many people get labeled as bible thumpers. How not to come across too brash and condescending, appearing un-Christ like, when discussing the gospels?

#3 ·
TexasDevilDog said:
What is the best way to spread the message?

I noticed many people get labeled as bible thumpers. How not to come across too brash and condescending, appearing un-Christ like, when discussing the gospels?

What I do on this board and how I spread the message off the board are two different things. I first came out on this board in a "hey I'm a Christian, I have some material for you to read. If you're interested PM me" Then the God bashing began. Well I just couldn't let people say incorrect things about God and Christian in general so I began to correct them. Eventually the really radical Atheist began ranting and so I moved to a more combative nature. They were radical Atheists so I became a radical preacher. Hence I was named a Bible-thumper around here. But anyone who knows me, knows that I never get preachy in person because no one is asking me anything. I just try to live my life in accordance with the word.

I am extremely humble in my approach off the board and even on the board to those who want to have a genuine question or comment or an opposing argument. But to those who are Bible-burners, I become the Bible-thumper.

#4 ·
I am one that goes to bat for Jesus also and I try my best to use tact. This place, being an open forum, is visited by believers, non-believers and everything in between. A person may win a battle against the heathens but will loose the war by turning off people that don't understand. Some people may not be as comfortable in their spiritual freedom as others are and we must be mindful of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.