DFWstangs Forums - Reply to Topic
Thread: Do you have liberal friends? Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
11-30-2009 05:50 PM
AL P
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra View Post
Ask him what happens once the liquidity of 0% interest dries up?

The dollar is falling not because of some dilution but because it has no value. A better value is stocks and commodities. Once the Goldman's of the world have made their money and start pulling out equities and commodities and we start seeing deflation across the board... look out.
All is well, I heard Obama is trying to figure out how to charge negative interest.

"We will pay you to take this loan from us!!"
11-30-2009 05:22 PM
01WhiteCobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
He told me today that the stock market is up, gold is up and his 401k is rebounding
Ask him what happens once the liquidity of 0% interest dries up?

The dollar is falling not because of some dilution but because it has no value. A better value is stocks and commodities. Once the Goldman's of the world have made their money and start pulling out equities and commodities and we start seeing deflation across the board... look out.
11-30-2009 09:23 AM
davbrucas I feel the same way Stevo. I dont ask their political beliefs because I wouldnt stay friends with them if they were liberal democrats. I have two friends that I know of that are liberal but I left them back in Florida and probably wont see them again. Doesnt bother me one bit. Liberals, in general, just arent my kind of people. All of my close friends feel the same as I do when it comes to politics....and I did not know anything about their political beliefs until years after being friends.
11-30-2009 03:58 AM
Stevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
You dudes have some issues if you pick your friends based on political leanings. Do you do a debrief, questionnaire and background check on them too to make sure they fit your standards?
Why? Birds of a feather flock together. I don't purposely consort with people that have views and values that widely differ from my own. Why would I want to be friends with someone who's political views are a deterrence to the prosperity of myself and my children?

Do you choose to be friends with the burglar that wants to break into your house, or the pusher that is trying to sell your kids drugs?

Stevo
11-30-2009 03:39 AM
That_Is_My_El_Camino
Quote:
Originally Posted by black01gt View Post
But did you get any nooky?
No
11-30-2009 02:36 AM
Taylor You dudes have some issues if you pick your friends based on political leanings. Do you do a debrief, questionnaire and background check on them too to make sure they fit your standards?
11-30-2009 01:55 AM
exlude Well, back home I have many liberal friends. I really see no reason why politics should get in the way of friendship, unless people on either side are disfunctional.
11-30-2009 12:55 AM
justinsn95
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
So you would sit and listen to a homosexual try to convince you that sucking a cock is better than eating pussy? It is narrow minded to not at least consider his opinions and test them on your own...
Which is actually a core liberal value. So that might actually come to pass.
11-29-2009 11:37 AM
black01gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
The last broad I tried dating was. I figured it was one of those minor things that could be overlooked, for the sake of getting laid; turns out she was also dumb as shit and borderline nuts. I'm sure it was just a coincidence, though...
But did you get any nooky?
11-29-2009 10:25 AM
davbrucas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell View Post
i think it is incredibly narrow minded to not hear viewpoints that are different than your own, to test your theories, values, and judgement calls.
So you would sit and listen to a homosexual try to convince you that sucking a cock is better than eating pussy? It is narrow minded to not at least consider his opinions and test them on your own...
11-29-2009 10:17 AM
Fox466 My lesbian neighbor is a hard core liberal, as are all her friends. Heh, go figure.

I found out a summer or two ago that you cannot discuss with them the political goings on because as soon as you make a point they can't counter with intelligence they resort to ad hominem attacks, at which point I just leave.

If you can find one that is able to intelligently discuss stances and their implications/ramifications you can have an enlightening discussion, just not likely to happen...
11-29-2009 06:04 AM
32VfromHell i think it is incredibly narrow minded to not hear viewpoints that are different than your own, to test your theories, values, and judgement calls.
11-26-2009 12:40 PM
Trip McNeely
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
I try not to talk politics with my friends because if I knew that they were liberal fucks they would no longer be called friend.
Yeah. I try not to, but sometimes it just comes up especially when alcohol is involved. Theres 2 subjects that will make worlds collide, and thats Religion and Politics.
11-26-2009 12:38 PM
davbrucas I try not to talk politics with my friends because if I knew that they were liberal fucks they would no longer be called friend.
11-26-2009 12:24 PM
Trip McNeely Unfortunately yes.
11-26-2009 10:56 AM
Justa4banger My stepdad is a liberal and loves the new healthcare system, since he doesn't have a med insurance. We do not talk politics because i for one could carless about his thoughts and any time we talk he tries to convert me....

we talk motorcycles and other stuff, never politics
11-26-2009 10:44 AM
STANGGT40 gpamp and i have been friends since we could walk.....so, yeah. lol
11-26-2009 10:24 AM
tazz007 I converted all my liberal friends. The one's I could not convert. I don't call them my friends, and I don't talk to them any more, and I genuinely feel sorry for them. They will most likely be the people the worst off (slaves) if there is a total takeover by the commies/Lib's
11-26-2009 02:21 AM
justinsn95 They let emotion rule them, instead of good sense. And everyone owes them something and should help them, by way of socialism. They think we are cold and cruel, but it's really that they just don't get it. It's not that we are cold and cruel and think that we shouldn't help people, it's that if we do help people, it'll fucking ruin us. Help people in that way, anyway. They think this is happy fairy magic fagot land where money just grows on trees and there is no such thing as inflation or too much taxation.
11-26-2009 12:31 AM
Slammy Kinda crazy but i had this woman friend who lived in philly. We were friends for a few years but i never saw her in person.

Anyways, one night she starts going off on me about bush since he was from texas. Im like, uhh i cant stand that bubbling idiot. The she tells me that i should join the military so i can go get my ass shot off then she was arguing with me about national healthcare cause at the time she had no insurance and needs medication for something. Then she got into some rant about sexist BS and a buncha other crap. She flat out claimed to be a liberal and called me a redneck republican and said a buncha mean ass shit to me for no reason.

Now im like WTF, we have been friends all this time and everythings been cool and then she does this? So i simply told her that there was no reason for us to continue being friends, havent spoken to her since. Poor girl, she was really cool up until that time. Had a sexy ass voice and accent!
11-25-2009 12:01 AM
Fox466
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
stepping out on a limb here, but I'm guessing he's a proctologist and only accepts black patients?
Nope, just fat and ugly white women...

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
The last broad I tried dating was. I figured it was one of those minor things that could be overlooked, for the sake of getting laid; turns out she was also dumb as shit and borderline nuts. I'm sure it was just a coincidence, though...


Pussy was good though, wasn't it?

<---Has found that the crazy bitches fuck like mad...
11-24-2009 07:36 PM
SlowLX I have quite a few friends that are liberal in thinking but fiscally conservative at the polls
11-24-2009 07:29 PM
That_Is_My_El_Camino The last broad I tried dating was. I figured it was one of those minor things that could be overlooked, for the sake of getting laid; turns out she was also dumb as shit and borderline nuts. I'm sure it was just a coincidence, though...
11-24-2009 07:21 PM
Stevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
Give it another year and even the black people won't claim him any more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I disagree. They will vote for him no matter what he does.
The same type of people re-elected Marrion Barry, after he spent six months in a federal prison, to be the mayor of Washington DC. Do you think they will give a fuck if barrack is the worst president in history?

Stevo
11-24-2009 07:18 PM
kpc01 I only had a couple (which I didn't realize), we have all pretty much parted ways. It makes my skin itch to be in the same room with one nowdays. Todays liberals have given them a TERRIBLE name for themselves...
11-24-2009 07:08 PM
Mustangman_2000 Yes, I do.
11-24-2009 07:04 PM
justinsn95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
How do I get the opinion that liberals are hypocrites and angry vile creatures? LMAO!
I am of the opinion that they are not only hypocrites, but are actually genuinely stupid people. They have almost a total lack of common sense, and a very small understanding of the way the world has, does, and will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351Coupe View Post
I don't have any liberal friends.

I do not associate with those kinds of people.
Same here. I can't stand to be around them, and I don't want to be seen with them.
11-24-2009 07:00 PM
fast83 no i do not.
11-24-2009 07:00 PM
davbrucas My friend is an ER doc as well. He is 51 and I doubt he ever paid attention to politics until this one came around. He is in academics and has a state job with sovereign immunity so I doubt his income will be affected. But he probably wouldnt care if it was since he believes in all this socialist nonsense.
11-24-2009 06:51 PM
351Coupe I don't have any liberal friends.

I do not associate with those kinds of people.
11-24-2009 06:05 PM
Sean88gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I disagree. They will vote for him no matter what he does.
Good thing they only make up 10% of the population!
11-24-2009 05:30 PM
cannonball996 I have a friend who is a physician, and he thinks the public option is the greatest thing. but he did admit that be a specialist in his field means he probably will not see very many people on the government option.
11-24-2009 05:09 PM
HOOCBB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larius View Post
What does your doctor friend practice?
stepping out on a limb here, but I'm guessing he's a proctologist and only accepts black patients?
11-24-2009 05:02 PM
Paladin I have liberal family and friends. They all blame Bush for our current problems and do not think Obama has done anything wrong. They also hold Bush responsible for 9/11 and do not think Obama has had enough time for his administration to make positive changes.

How do I get the opinion that liberals are hypocrites and angry vile creatures? LMAO!
11-24-2009 05:00 PM
Paladin
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
Give it another year and even the black people won't claim him any more.
I disagree. They will vote for him no matter what he does.
11-24-2009 04:36 PM
Larius What does your doctor friend practice?
11-24-2009 04:26 PM
mightyp my mom and grandmother are both conservatives, moms 2 sisters are flaming liberals.Thankfully they have learned not to mention politics when I am around. I have 1 or 2 people I hang out with who are libs, but the vast majority are conserv.
11-24-2009 03:40 PM
AL P
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32VfromHell View Post
dated a couple. definately interesting people.

I need to ask lauren if any of her peers in med school are liberal. If they are, i bet they wont mention the fact that they wont make be able to pay back their massive student loans if socialized medicine hits.

Hah, what are you crazy? They expected to pay those back with puppy dog kisses and flowers anyway.
11-24-2009 03:37 PM
32VfromHell dated a couple. definately interesting people.

I need to ask lauren if any of her peers in med school are liberal. If they are, i bet they wont mention the fact that they wont make be able to pay back their massive student loans if socialized medicine hits.
11-24-2009 03:36 PM
Sean88gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
The tag line for the next black president will be "I'm nothing like Barrack Obama!" lol
"Twice as black as Bah-rack"
11-24-2009 03:25 PM
AL P The tag line for the next black president will be "I'm nothing like Barrack Obama!" lol
11-24-2009 03:18 PM
Sean88gt I don't have any liberal friends that will admit it now.
11-24-2009 02:58 PM
Bubbaearl yeah i do and they stay the hell away from me now.
11-24-2009 02:49 PM
AL P Give it another year and even the black people won't claim him any more.
11-24-2009 02:40 PM
Chopped54 Did he have any interest in politics before the last election?
My guess would be no, and now is a fucking expert.
11-24-2009 02:13 PM
Vertnut
Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
A good friend of mine who is a physician as well is...he pisses me of with his BS way of thinking sometimes. He is black and is an Obama nuthugger...he actually went to the inauguration. He and I go back and forth on this. He continually brings up Bushs issues like that makes a difference. I agree that Bush did some stupid shit...but nowhere near as bad as Hussein is doing. He told me today that the stock market is up, gold is up and his 401k is rebounding...as if Hussein has anything to do with that. Typical liberal shit. I cannot talk politics with him because it makes me wanna punch him in the mouth! I feel that it disrespects all of the people that have died to ensure this countrys way of life...and this fuckhead Obama is trying to change all of that.
How does he feel about his income dropping to about 40% of what you guys now make? Does he think socialized medicine is going to make things better for him?
Is he going to enjoy Uncle Barry taking his diagnoses' out of his hands and FORCING a particular treatment plan on him and his patient based primarily on the economics of the situation? He's cutting his own throat financially and professionally...I just don't get it.
11-24-2009 02:07 PM
davbrucas
Do you have liberal friends?

A good friend of mine who is a physician as well is...he pisses me of with his BS way of thinking sometimes. He is black and is an Obama nuthugger...he actually went to the inauguration. He and I go back and forth on this. He continually brings up Bushs issues like that makes a difference. I agree that Bush did some stupid shit...but nowhere near as bad as Hussein is doing. He told me today that the stock market is up, gold is up and his 401k is rebounding...as if Hussein has anything to do with that. Typical liberal shit. I cannot talk politics with him because it makes me wanna punch him in the mouth! I feel that it disrespects all of the people that have died to ensure this countrys way of life...and this fuckhead Obama is trying to change all of that.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome