DFWstangs Forums - Reply to Topic
Thread: Another great story from Houston (CHL related) Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

  Topic Review (Newest First)
09-04-2009 09:12 PM
Pokulski-Blatz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
I can delete if you guys want?
Uh ... nope. Keep it ... there is no harm in this thread staying. I do think it is time for a lock though.
09-04-2009 09:04 PM
Trip McNeely I can delete if you guys want?
09-04-2009 08:59 PM
Pokulski-Blatz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
This shit should have been locked the day it started.

JMHO.
Where is the fun in that?

Why minimize the stupidity? Threads like this let me form an accurate opinion of people on here.
09-04-2009 08:51 PM
03trubluGT This shit should have been locked the day it started.

JMHO.
09-04-2009 07:09 PM
Paladin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Dan View Post
Paladin my man, let it go... you're arguing with a brick...

Did you look at the start date of this thread? I'll save you the trouble, July 31st. You've been arguing about his record for over a month... Its time to let this one go...
I didn;t realize it had been that long. It just irritates me that he is still thinking he isn't a hypocrite with his stated thoughts and opinions.

It is officially dropped unless he says something so inflammatory I have to respond.

Thanks for the jolt back to my senses.
09-04-2009 03:24 PM
danielhv
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt dan View Post
paladin my man, let it go... You're arguing with a brick...

Did you look at the start date of this thread? I'll save you the trouble, july 31st. You've been arguing about his record for over a month... Its time to let this one go...





09-04-2009 03:20 PM
GT Dan Paladin my man, let it go... you're arguing with a brick...

Did you look at the start date of this thread? I'll save you the trouble, July 31st. You've been arguing about his record for over a month... Its time to let this one go...
09-04-2009 03:17 PM
danielhv
09-04-2009 03:08 PM
Paladin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
No that is not true so maybe you should stop making assumptions.
Please clarify, seriously. It's not like I don't know the truth. Prove me wrong by posting up your record from my PM to you. You responded by saying it was right, so do it dude, other wise I call you names and we go back to the earlier stuff where you get your panties in a wad and act like a child.
09-04-2009 01:17 PM
Mr Majestyk Few people are so obsessed with guns as kids or convicted felons. Both live in a fantasy world where they can/should have them.
09-04-2009 12:38 PM
5.0 svo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post

The point is you were ARRESTED for a violent crime (Att Agg Robbery), convicted of a Burg of a M/V and then got caught with a gun as a convicted felon and went to prison. You can minimize it, but this is the truth, right?
No that is not true so maybe you should stop making assumptions.
09-04-2009 11:40 AM
Paladin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
I wasn't a criminal with a gun. I got caught riding in a car with a gun in it and I took credit for it. I have never robbed anyone and I don't justify it.
All of what you say may be true. Do you see how someone could just say you were a convicted criminal who was in possession of a gun? I mean, you did go to court and admit you were guilty of doing that, right? They don't just send people to prison (and people don't agree to go to prison) for nothing, right?

You sure did ignore the point about you being hypocritical by having a gun as a convicted felon and then trying to say decent, honest, never been arrested citizens should not.

The point is you were ARRESTED for a violent crime (Att Agg Robbery), convicted of a Burg of a M/V and then got caught with a gun as a convicted felon and went to prison. You can minimize it, but this is the truth, right?
09-04-2009 08:26 AM
5.0 svo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
You were a criminal with a gun! You want honest decent people to not carry guns but it was okay for you, a criminal, to carry one. You blame the honest person for defending himself and not the criminals who attacked him.

Is it possible you are defending yourself a little bit? You associate with the criminal in this case and not the victim because you were the criminal and victimized innocent and decent people. Do you worry that by seeing that the man who shot the robber as justified it would imply that the victims of your crimes could have shot you?

This is classic psychology 101 dude!
I wasn't a criminal with a gun. I got caught riding in a car with a gun in it and I took credit for it. I have never robbed anyone and I don't justify it.
09-04-2009 01:30 AM
Paladin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
How am I being hypocritical? I am proof that people can change.
You were a criminal with a gun! You want honest decent people to not carry guns but it was okay for you, a criminal, to carry one. You blame the honest person for defending himself and not the criminals who attacked him.

Is it possible you are defending yourself a little bit? You associate with the criminal in this case and not the victim because you were the criminal and victimized innocent and decent people. Do you worry that by seeing that the man who shot the robber as justified it would imply that the victims of your crimes could have shot you?

This is classic psychology 101 dude!
09-04-2009 01:16 AM
5.0 svo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
Hey dumbass, the quote says political power...and it talks about the commies inherent need to confiscate guns so the guns cannot be used against them, which goes along with the other quote in my sig from Princess Pelosi. I guess reading comprehension is above you.
Sorry I forgot who I was talking to. Carry on
09-04-2009 12:47 AM
HOOCBB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
There are 3 main sources of power. Money, the threat of violence and information. Information is the most powerful.
Hey dumbass, the quote says political power...and it talks about the commies inherent need to confiscate guns so the guns cannot be used against them, which goes along with the other quote in my sig from Princess Pelosi. I guess reading comprehension is above you.
09-04-2009 12:41 AM
5.0 svo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung.
There are 3 main sources of power. Money, the threat of violence and information. Information is the most powerful.
09-03-2009 11:40 PM
HOOCBB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
How am I being hypocritical? I am proof that people can change.
Yet you still stick up for the criminals...I don't see how this is "changed".
09-03-2009 11:08 PM
5.0 svo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Start a thread about that topic and maybe I will post up about it. Try and keep focused on the issue at hand.

Why do you think that a person who is being robbed by 3 males does not have the right to defend himself with a handgun?

You silly liberals forget that if you were being attacked by 3 robbers who you had no clue what their ultimate intentions were, you would want to defend yourself any way you chose. (assuming you were not a convicted felon who was limited by his choices).

Is the reason you appear to be so against this is because you are thinking about when you were committing your crimes? I mean seriously, you were a convicted felon who should not have been carrying a gun and you still did and went to prison because of it, but you want us decent, never been arrested (almost all CHL carriers have never even been arrested) citizens to not carry one to defend ourselves against young people who are like you once were?

How freaking hypocritical of you Mike.
How am I being hypocritical? I am proof that people can change.
09-03-2009 09:47 PM
grove rat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
His name is Mike also.
ah okay
09-03-2009 09:46 PM
Paladin
Quote:
Originally Posted by grove rat View Post
was that to me or is 5 0svo named mike too?
His name is Mike also.
09-03-2009 09:40 PM
grove rat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
How freaking hypocritical of you Mike.
was that to me or is 5 0svo named mike too?
09-03-2009 09:38 PM
Paladin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
Do you think if everyone carried a gun violence would stop?
Start a thread about that topic and maybe I will post up about it. Try and keep focused on the issue at hand.

Why do you think that a person who is being robbed by 3 males does not have the right to defend himself with a handgun?

You silly liberals forget that if you were being attacked by 3 robbers who you had no clue what their ultimate intentions were, you would want to defend yourself any way you chose. (assuming you were not a convicted felon who was limited by his choices).

Is the reason you appear to be so against this is because you are thinking about when you were committing your crimes? I mean seriously, you were a convicted felon who should not have been carrying a gun and you still did and went to prison because of it, but you want us decent, never been arrested (almost all CHL carriers have never even been arrested) citizens to not carry one to defend ourselves against young people who are like you once were?

How freaking hypocritical of you Mike.
09-03-2009 09:38 PM
CJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
I think if someone is pointing a gun at you, different rules apply.
doesn't fucking matter, the first shot tases them... are you now going to create a gun with two barrels, or an accessory that tases and has some magazine sensor... your suggestion was ridiculous.
09-03-2009 08:47 PM
grove rat
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
Do you think if everyone carried a gun violence would stop?
stop? no

decrease drastically? yes
09-03-2009 08:35 PM
5.0 svo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
What if the other guy has a gun? the spasms will set the bad guys gun off.
I think if someone is pointing a gun at you, different rules apply.
09-03-2009 08:33 PM
5.0 svo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
How about people stop committing violent acts against innocent people? Why would the innocent, decent person who is just trying to live their life having to accomodate the scum who try and rob, rape, and pillage them?
Do you think if everyone carried a gun violence would stop?
09-03-2009 07:37 PM
CJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
So the only reason you have to shoot them is because you have a gun?
Nope, completely missed the point. Once a gun is in view of everyone, it is a liability, any person (including and especially the bad guys) can use it to hurt you. The moment that gun comes out the perps either run or get shot, they no longer have the option of physical harm - which is precisely why he most likely pulled it out in the first place.
09-03-2009 07:04 PM
Paladin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
Maybe they should make every handgun have a taser built on to it. The first shot is always the taser then the next is deadly.
How about people stop committing violent acts against innocent people? Why would the innocent, decent person who is just trying to live their life having to accomodate the scum who try and rob, rape, and pillage them?
09-03-2009 06:46 PM
Pokulski-Blatz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
Maybe they should make every handgun have a taser built on to it. The first shot is always the taser then the next is deadly.
What if the other guy has a gun? the spasms will set the bad guys gun off.
09-03-2009 06:39 PM
bulldog896
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
Maybe they should make every handgun have a taser built on to it. The first shot is always the taser then the next is deadly.
and maybe they should make every 6 pack have one non-alchoholic beer in it
09-03-2009 06:23 PM
5.0 svo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
No, it's because it may be the only tool you have at your disposal to defend yourself.

Fists can and have killed people. All it takes it getting knocked out, then you're biting the curb getting your head kicked into it. I've seen it first hand and it's not pretty. Had the guy had a gun, he might still be alive.
Maybe they should make every handgun have a taser built on to it. The first shot is always the taser then the next is deadly.
09-03-2009 04:08 PM
03trubluGT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCBB View Post
No, it's because it may be the only tool you have at your disposal to defend yourself.

Fists can and have killed people. All it takes it getting knocked out, then you're biting the curb getting your head kicked into it. I've seen it first hand and it's not pretty. Had the guy had a gun, he might still be alive.
You never know what can happen. There was a fight outside of a bar in the Stockyards and one of the guys fell back and hit his head on the curb. He died right there.

Not saying in any way that this would have been a deadly force situation, just saying that shit can go bad in an instant.

The other participant was charged with involuntary manslaughter.
09-03-2009 03:06 PM
HOOCBB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
So the only reason you have to shoot them is because you have a gun?
No, it's because it may be the only tool you have at your disposal to defend yourself.

Fists can and have killed people. All it takes it getting knocked out, then you're biting the curb getting your head kicked into it. I've seen it first hand and it's not pretty. Had the guy had a gun, he might still be alive.
09-03-2009 03:05 PM
flashstang04 /lock
09-03-2009 02:57 PM
5.0 svo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
This isn't a fist fight douchebag, it's a gun fight. Do you just not understand that these innocent victims of their environment could grab the gun and use it against you?
So the only reason you have to shoot them is because you have a gun?
09-03-2009 02:38 PM
CJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
In typical lib fashion, you answer a question with a question.
typical criminal fashion.
09-03-2009 12:37 PM
Paladin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03trubluGT View Post
I've always wondered how a family figures what wages were lost when the scumbag was a dope dealer/thief.
I know how the city will deal with it. I was involved in a case where a dope dealer got injured by an off-duty cop and he claimed lost wages. He admitted to selling dope before he was injured and after (especially since he got caught with 3metric tons of marijuana 3 months after he was injured and served 2 years in federal prison).

He actually admitted that he had no real lost wages from his dope dealing from the injury, and that was his primary source of income. His attorney just sat there, put his down, and shook his head with a very pained look on his face.
09-03-2009 12:33 PM
03trubluGT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD View Post
Yeah It's complete BS.

Family will sue for mental anguish, lost wages, blah blah blah.

I've always wondered how a family figures what wages were lost when the scumbag was a dope dealer/thief.
09-03-2009 08:02 AM
FATHERFORD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
Which, it is stupid that you can still get pulled into civil court considering there is a law on it.

Should not surprise me though, since apparently we don't understand stand what illegal means in illegal alien/immigrant.
Yeah It's complete BS.

Family will sue for mental anguish, lost wages, blah blah blah.
09-03-2009 07:58 AM
ceyko Which, it is stupid that you can still get pulled into civil court considering there is a law on it.

Should not surprise me though, since apparently we don't understand what illegal means in illegal alien/immigrant.
09-03-2009 07:56 AM
ceyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD View Post
It's civil court CHL holders have to worry about. That's the one that will drain you thin.

There is an insurance for CHL holders that will take them all they up to civil.
So, my understanding is that...

Quote:
CPRC CH. 83. USE OF DEADLY FORCE IN DEFENSE OF PERSON
CPRC g 83.001. ClVlL IMMUNITY. A defendant who uses force or
deadly force that is justified under Chapter 9, Penal Code, is immune
from civil liability for personal injury or death that results from the
defendant's use of force or deadly force, as applicable.
...which does not mean it still does not happen. However, the way I get it is lawyers make plantiffs quite clear of this law and that they'll pay regardless. Lets face it, a lot of people who are the family of someone killed - where the CHL person was deemed justified - probably are not the most upstanding citizens. So, they won't want to pay if they lose. Since they'll likely lose.
09-03-2009 07:37 AM
FATHERFORD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
So, my understanding is in a situation like this...

If it were 1 kid/adult and no weapon was present the CHL holder would actually have a difficult time justifying the use of lethal force.

However, 2 or more at that point it is not much/any different then 1 kid/adult with a weapon. Just the weapon are other humans.

Don't you worry, that CHL holder will see some court costs at a minimum out of it. I think he'll be "No bill" though.
It's civil court CHL holders have to worry about. That's the one that will drain you thin.

There is an insurance for CHL holders that will take them all they up to civil.
09-03-2009 07:33 AM
FATHERFORD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
Nah, bullets dont cost that much.
Coat hangers are cheaper...

09-03-2009 07:10 AM
03trubluGT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
Ok then show me the statistics that say how many people are killed in fist fights.
In typical lib fashion, you answer a question with a question.
09-03-2009 07:02 AM
ceyko
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
Hey I have a good saying for you guys.

Get an abortion, save a bullet.
So, my understanding is in a situation like this...

If it were 1 kid/adult and no weapon was present the CHL holder would actually have a difficult time justifying the use of lethal force.

However, 2 or more at that point it is not much/any different then 1 kid/adult with a weapon. Just the weapon are other humans.

Don't you worry, that CHL holder will see some court costs at a minimum out of it. I think he'll be "No bill" though.
09-03-2009 12:50 AM
Pokulski-Blatz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0 svo View Post
Hey I have a good saying for you guys.

Get an abortion, save a bullet.
Nah, bullets dont cost that much.
09-03-2009 12:42 AM
5.0 svo Hey I have a good saying for you guys.

Get an abortion, save a bullet.
09-02-2009 11:55 PM
Paladin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
might want to call him svo, others may get offended.
Ooops, I mean 5.0 svo, sorry. (actually, really sorry!)
09-02-2009 11:51 PM
CJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Have we come full circle to now going back to whether or not a CHL owner will get their gun taken away, or is that another thread? LMAO!

You guys will never convince 5.0 of anything. If he hasn't learned not to be a liberal by the time he is in his mid-30's, he will never learn.
might want to call him svo, others may get offended.
This thread has more than 50 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome