DFW Mustang Forums banner

Moving a safe

4K views 36 replies 27 participants last post by  alisoviejoconcrete 
#1 ·
People with experience, need some help. Whats the best method for moving a 250 lb safe to my basement via stairs. The good news is, my basement is directly across from my garage entry so its an easy transition. Anyone have any tips or advice? Basically every place I order one from drops it off on your doorstep via freight, so theres no one to haul it in. Thanks.

#12 ·
Oh snap!

You guys don't get it, 250lbs is two Chris', lol. I vote tilt it back and let it slide down the stairs. Oh, and ride it on the way down, and get a video.

#27 ·
People with experience, need some help. Whats the best method for moving a 250 lb safe to my basement via stairs. The good news is, my basement is directly across from my garage entry so its an easy transition. Anyone have any tips or advice? Basically every place I order one from drops it off on your doorstep via freight, so theres no one to haul it in. Thanks.

You want to borrow my furniture dolly? Oh hell, nevermind you're in damn Houston!

Just push that bitch down the stairs. It's a safe, so it should be ok :)

#32 ·
LOL @ the comment posted for that video:

"and why are they using some teenager with bracets to do the voicing, its about safes should be a more manly voice, or someone with a certain age so ppl will believe that this person knows what he/she(?) is talking about "

#33 ·
My entired family is in the locksmithing business and ive dabbled in it before, when it comes to moving safes wed always put it on a dolly with one person in front for guiding and stability and one behind for force and direction.. as well as pulling against the dolly to keep from cracking your stairs on your way down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.